Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion to park into tight garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for suggestions to auto park the car into tight garage.

Is there any most recent tutorials on how to use summon? I tried once, I parked the car on drive way, and sat in the car, started summon, held the forward, the car moved but I had to release the button because I could clearly see that the car could hit the post.

What about I move 1/4 of the car into garage so I can align the car in the middle of the garage, then I get out of the car and use summon to move the car? Sounds stupid :)

thanks

We have a tight garage in Brooklyn. I was never able to get the car to park on its own because too many warnings go off. However, the car will back itself out of the tight spot no problem with summon. I guess it is a one way feature. 😄

Reactions: Halldawg
Long ago, I used to sometimes park in a garage so tight the only way in and out of the car was via the hatchback. PITA, but it worked. And I was younger then. Sometime in the early 50's or so car doors got much longer and thicker and old garages became problematic.

Not a Summon suggestion but I find it easier to back up into a tight parking space. If the space is so tight that you need to fold the side mirrors you can still use/view the side cameras in the backup camera composite view (swipe up to add the side view cameras to the backup camera view, swipe down to remove the side view cameras.)

Reactions: Noflash and 101dals
Wow, that's narrow. I wouldn't trust auto summon, especially after the ultrasonic sensors get deprecated and turned off. :confused:

If there's enough room, I find that backing in allows me to get tighter into the passenger side using the mirrors and cameras; having the steering be on the "rear" end of the car as it moves also makes it more maneuverable. You might be able to get in tight enough to get out? This takes some practice and patience if you've never done it. I can get crazy close if I take my time. Of course you'll need your mirrors out to do this...or maybe not? I've never tried it with just the cameras.

I have to do this in our garage to be able to get both cars in and have room for both of us to get out of the cars, as well as keeping the chargers accessible and somewhat safe/out of the lane of traffic. My partner pulls straight in on right side, I back in on left. We both exit the cars in the middle of the garage, her charger is against the wall, mine is of course in the middle of the garage but at least near the back wall so it's out of traffic.

Best of luck!