Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for all weather floor mat for 2018? Maxspyder doesn't fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just got a 2018 100D which is a real beauty, but I need to get some all weather mats. Tesla official ones don't look great, and I read lots of people prefer the feel/look of the Maxspyder kagu rubbers. The issue is that those don't fit the 2018, at least the rear doesn't. The 3D logo is also pretty ugly. I emailed Maxspyder 3 weeks ago and no response on whether they will update for 2018 Model S or if they have plans on changing the 3D logo (maybe they were offended). Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I had the same concern, but I went with the Maxpider Kagu rubber mats and the rear mat fits fine in my 2018 S75D. Even though I heard the same rumor that the rear doesn't fit, I couldn't tell you what "doesn't fit" about them

I agree the logo is not ideal, but it hasn't bothered me enough to take it off, which I could if I wanted to.

Reactions: Alex362
Hi all,

I just got a 2018 100D which is a real beauty, but I need to get some all weather mats. Tesla official ones don't look great, and I read lots of people prefer the feel/look of the Maxspyder kagu rubbers. The issue is that those don't fit the 2018, at least the rear doesn't. The 3D logo is also pretty ugly. I emailed Maxspyder 3 weeks ago and no response on whether they will update for 2018 Model S or if they have plans on changing the 3D logo (maybe they were offended). Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Can we see a photo of the mat installed in the back to see what the problem is?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Based on what you guys wrote, I went ahead and ordered a complete set new from Amazon. Unfortunately the rear mat definitely does not fit. I have 2018 100D delivered November, so I am not sure if there is something different about mine, but the rear mat is too big, fits too snug around the seats and console, and doesn't even lie flat. I took some photos which don't do a good job illustrating it. The front mats fit fine, but damn is the 3D logo ugly.

I emailed Maxspider a month ago prior to ordering, actually twice, and no response at all. Lame.

Anyone know if Tesla's all weather mats are still made by Weather tech? Just wondering if it matters if I order from Tesla or directly from Weather tech

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 80
Thanks! Do they look identical to Weathertech's on their site except for logo? Just noticed Tesla's is $328 and Weathertech's is $190. Huge price difference!

How do you like them?

They’re nice enough, fit well. They look identical to the Weathertech mats with the exception of the Tesla logo. Tesla wants $245 for the first and second row vs $190 for weathertech - not sure the Tesla logo is worth $55.

After installing the rear one, I understand what @Drlev is saying - the instructions specifically say to fit the mat under the seat tracks for it to fit properly. Looking at your pics, it looks like the Maxspyder mats are designed to fit the same way. Did you try pushing it under the seat tracks?

They’re nice enough, fit well. They look identical to the Weathertech mats with the exception of the Tesla logo. Tesla wants $245 for the first and second row vs $190 for weathertech - not sure the Tesla logo is worth $55.

After installing the rear one, I understand what @Drlev is saying - the instructions specifically say to fit the mat under the seat tracks for it to fit properly. Looking at your pics, it looks like the Maxspyder mats are designed to fit the same way. Did you try pushing it under the seat tracks?
Thanks. Just realized I was looking at Canadian tesla site for some reason. $245 isn't too bad, I kind of prefer the Tesla logo.

Not sure if you can see in the photos I posted, but there's really no room to push the mat further under the seat tracks. I just went and tried and took another photo. It's really just the center console where it needs to be trimmed. I can't push it further or go underneath the center console. This lifts up the middle of the mat which looks a bit weird. Maybe i'll just trim it. These do look a bit nicer than the Tesla/Weathertech ones. Although trimming will probably void the warranty eh? Although not sure how good that is if the company doesn't respond to emails

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: