TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Suggestions for Autosteer Learning

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by legoman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. legoman

legoman Member

I don't suppose there is any way to explicitly provide feedback/suggestions to the Tesla Autonomous Driving team, is there? If not I'll just hope that someone keeps an eye on the threads here and passes along the info.

Had a scenario today that seems like it needs a new "rule" in the logic. I was driving in the carpool lane with Autosteer. Traffic was moderate and the tracking was changing between lane guided and car-ahead guided. A motorcycle lane split around my right and pulled ahead but didn't pass the car in front of me. All the sensors saw the motorcycle, which was great.

Tracking changed to the cycle ahead due to the proximity. However the rider was looking to see if he could continue lane splitting, so he was riding the extreme right side of the lane. Since my car was tracking the motorcycle, it tried to start centering behind him, which unfortunately would have had me straddling the double yellow. i took over steering and corrected.

So from a "rule" perspective, when the vehicle ahead is a motorcycle and there is some lane information, even if its not being tracked as primary, then the car should prioritize staying centered in the lane vs centering behind the motorcycle.

• Like x 2
  2. BertL

BertL Active Member

You can always send your thoughts directly to Tesla at [email protected].

As to who actually reads or perhaps acts on the email beyond the kind individual that sends you an initial confirmation, is anyone's guess. IMHO if you have something to say directly to Tesla, sending your thoughts there probably have more chance of having impact, than praying some Tesla employee happens upon the many threads and posts here. I recognize there have been exceptions to that, but just saying you have a direct path if you want to give it a try. Good luck.

3. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

Another lego enthisiast?

4. legoman

legoman Member

Yeah, my hobby business is selling Lego parts and custom sets. I see you are in LA, so if you are interested, check out Yahoo! Groups

• Like x 1