Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for Cleaning Headliner?

M0del Yada

Jun 23, 2020
Florida
Has anyone tried cleaning their headliner? What did you use? What do you recommended as far as cleaning solution?

I've got the factory dirty fingerprints and a couple light smudges I'd like to clean.

It's funny, I didn't notice them on delivery but sat in the back for the first time yesterday and saw them all clear as day. Must be the angle...

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
I used some "99% pure Isopropyl Alcohol", I soaked a clean white cloth and dabbed at the spots on my headliner and they disappeared. It's an old car detailers trick I learned decades ago and still works today. My headliner looks VIRGIN, was going to sat "brand new" but it is.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
This worked great on all the Fremont assembly fingerprints.
37B6B4C2-6959-4DD9-8FBE-E5B3BC4D8D39.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: srlawren

CaliX

Feb 14, 2016
Los Angeles
It’s just amazing to read that the SC tells you how best to clean their brand new cars that the SC should have never let out the lot like that haha...this Tesla world is a whole new thing for sure

They offered to clean after my car was delivered at midnight. No joke we were all delirious that night. I declined because I didn’t want to go back.

Gizmotoy

Sep 16, 2013
Bay Area, CA
It’s just amazing to read that the SC tells you how best to clean their brand new cars that the SC should have never let out the lot like that haha...this Tesla world is a whole new thing for sure
Right? I also think I'd try quite a few other things before reaching for sandpaper in sponge form. That's a surprising suggestion to me, but I'm glad it works. I'm a big horrified what else they might be using those on.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC