Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2) have cruise control start at present speed, not at 'overspeed' alarm speed
That's funny, I really like that it starts at speed limit plus your own adjustment setting. Make that configurable? BTW: I don't really consider that setting as 'overspeed warning'.

What I would like is that it would auto-adjust if the speed limit changes, though I've noticed quite a few errors in what it thinks the speed limit is, so maybe not a great idea unless you can manually update the speed limit (can do that on my 5 year old Garmin GPS...). And of course it should read the speed limit signs as my previous BMWs did.

(1) TPMS readouts at all times (even if parked)
(2) Regular analog AM radio channels
(3) Articulating computer screen (so you can swing it towards driver a little more / even if only a 2” adjustment)
(4) The latest CD player (just kidding)

Doable in the short term (e.g. software):
- have a 360 degree camera view, like many other cars and show the front view
- unfold the mirrors earlier. Mine open too late despite my attempts to change the setting
- allow more, smaller windows on the screen simultaneously
- show instantaneous energy usage like the S/X.
- Improve the interface with music on phones - don’t need Apple Play or the Google equivalent, but we should not have to use our phones to change music. Apple play would be good as well and might be easier for Tesla.
- calculate multiple routes on navigation and allow user selection
- show police on route, like waze.
- add another level of automatic wipers, less sensitive. Mine go too fast too soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
My Y suggestions,
#1 Mirror Autofold;
Allow the mirrors to fold after stopping in my garage. I have my Y set to do not lock at home, this means that the auto mirror fold is disabled. I have enabled autofold at this location but that means they fold before I try to back up into may garage. What I would like is for my mirrors to be usable while I back in and then fold. I am fine with them unfolding 100 feet from my driveway.
#2 TOAD Mode;
I would like to tow my Y behind my RV which the current software does not allow.
1. Enable the Y to have a TOAD Mode where the care is active enough to maintain lubrication and cooling etc.
2. It would be nice if the Y would also enable regen for trailer brakes
3. It would be even nicer if we could set some mild regen to charge the car as we are towing it.
4. It would be great if the dynamics sensors would enable the Y to "help" push the car up hills and reduce the uphill load on the RV.
My wish list for TOAD Mode Elon,
< Chris

Reactions: rxlawdude
In addition to the "birds-eye" 360 view when in reverse, have the rear-view mirror be a high-def monitor for the rear-view, overcoming the porthole installed in the rear-hatch. Even my Bolt has that feature. Also have lights in the side-view mirrors warning of traffic approaching from the rear in the blind-spot. The depiction of traffic on the main screen does not show traffic approaching from the rear until that traffic is at the rear bumper of the Y, and only shows one lane over (my apologies if I am misrepresenting that capability in the main screen. I only had a 30 minute test drive in the Y).

Ron

I wish cars would have an emergency vehicle alert feature. With ever-improving soundproofing and powerful stereos, if you are in an urban setting, you don't always hear a siren quickly enough (high-pitch or the Rumbler-type) and, when you do, it's not always obvious which way you should look. I think it would be nice if the car put up a notification when it hears a siren, including the direction it's coming from.

Doable in the short term (e.g. software):
- have a 360 degree camera view, like many other cars and show the front view
- unfold the mirrors earlier. Mine open too late despite my attempts to change the setting
- allow more, smaller windows on the screen simultaneously
- show instantaneous energy usage like the S/X.
- Improve the interface with music on phones - don’t need Apple Play or the Google equivalent, but we should not have to use our phones to change music. Apple play would be good as well and might be easier for Tesla.
- calculate multiple routes on navigation and allow user selection
- show police on route, like waze.
- add another level of automatic wipers, less sensitive. Mine go too fast too soon.

Yes and Yes...360 is what I miss most about my 2017 Bolt. And I can’t believe that it doesn’t give you a choice of routes, that’s just table stakes with mapping apps nowadays.

Reactions: Rshephorse
Washer controls, one tap for one wipe, hold for wash, but I want a tap/hold combo that starts the wiper fast and slows down holding the tempo it's at when I release the button, double tap to stop - using the screen to do adjust wiper tempo is a hassle and 'auto' setting often over does it.

I wish cars would have an emergency vehicle alert feature. With ever-improving soundproofing and powerful stereos, if you are in an urban setting, you don't always hear a siren quickly enough (high-pitch or the Rumbler-type) and, when you do, it's not always obvious which way you should look. I think it would be nice if the car put up a notification when it hears a siren, including the direction it's coming from.
Similarly have the ability to generate that alert if it is seeing the flashing lights of an emergency vehicle.

That's funny, I really like that it starts at speed limit plus your own adjustment setting. Make that configurable? BTW: I don't really consider that setting as 'overspeed warning'.

What I would like is that it would auto-adjust if the speed limit changes, though I've noticed quite a few errors in what it thinks the speed limit is, so maybe not a great idea unless you can manually update the speed limit (can do that on my 5 year old Garmin GPS...). And of course it should read the speed limit signs as my previous BMWs did.

I also usually drive over speed limit. But, when I engage cruise control, I've almost always already accelerated to the speed I want to go. Therefore, having cruise control just continue that speed should be default. However, that would be the absolute worse speed to set the 'speeding chime' warning at because it would be going off constantly.