Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for exterior work for a Delaware Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I'm looking to do a little bit of work on my Model 3 and was hoping I could get some recommendations and tips. I definitely want to try to find a place that has experience with Teslas. For reference, I live in North Delaware but I'm willing to travel.

My main objective is to get some sort of matte white finish on my entire vehicle.

I want to get a rear spoiler and diffuser along with tinting the windows (I have a waiver), painting the brake calipers red, and coating my existing rims black. I'm planning on doing the calipers and rims myself. The installation of the spoiler+diffuser can probably done at any reputable place.

With the matte white, I'm mainly concerned with pricing. I've seen Xpel quotes that don't add up in my mind. I figure I can do a cheap satin/matte white wrap and have enough money for a future paint job. The protection aspect seems worthless. The longevity is worth looking at though.

Any help is appreciated.

So I am a supporting vendor here in PA. I wanted to chime in on the paint job. What you don't realize is that painting your car absolutely will diminish its value and automatically implies that your vehicle has been damaged in an accident, even if it hasn't.

These are 2 links I highly suggest you read over.

The Hidden Truth About Paint Protection Film Tesla - Ceramic Pro Pottstown @ Total Detailing

Things To Know Before Having Paint Protection Film Installed - Ceramic Pro Pottstown @ Total Detailing

Really good paint jobs, aren't $6500. They are about $10,000. If you want an insurance rate paint job, you can pay $4000-$6000 all day for it but it will never look as good as OEM and it will never match if you need to paint some panels and not the whole car.

Lead times for body panels like rear quarter panels are obscenely long right now, so what should be a routine repair, can take months. Now of all a sudden, PPF makes a lot more sense. PPF use to be something you just "wanted" - it is now NEEDED. That's where we are at with supply chain issues.