Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for selling MYP OEM 21 Turbine Wheels/Tires set up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a big fan of 21" MYP Turbine OEM wheels. Given the aftermarket options available, thinking of selling the OEM ones right after taking delivery of the car. Don't need a separate set for winters.
How is the market for 21" oem turbine wheels/tires (tires should be Michelin's All seasons). Where is the best place to put them for sale? Haven't seen many listing in Tesla sales forums. While there are many listing on ebay, not sure how many are actually sold. Thanks in advance

Not a big fan of 21" MYP Turbine OEM wheels. Given the aftermarket options available, thinking of selling the OEM ones right after taking delivery of the car. Don't need a separate set for winters.
How is the market for 21" oem turbine wheels/tires (tires should be Michelin's All seasons). Where is the best place to put them for sale? Haven't seen many listing in Tesla sales forums. While there are many listing on ebay, not sure how many are actually sold. Thanks in advance

Here on the forums a perfect condition set with TPMS and less than 100 miles will go for $2,500. No idea what the go for on ebay.

Keith

I think you can get a decent set of tires for $1200 + $2.5k for a set of wheels and I guess you need to get TPMS sensors ($300??). Total $3.5k to $4K. If you can get $2.5K by selling OEM, not a bad idea I think.

btw ebay listing price for oem wheels are way higher than $2.5K

Last edited:
It depends where you are.
Major metro market you can get $2250-2500 on FB marketplace pretty quickly.
I took mine off within 800 miles because of the summer tires and replaced them with 19" Einkies and PS+4 for winter and don't notice any negative differences in performance unless you really go to the limit. I think all in it was about 2200 so a wash if I sell the UT's.

I assume to increase the chances of sale it will be good to include TPMS sensors also with the oem set? And when you get new wheels and tires get another set of TPMS from whichever vendor/company you are getting the new set of wheels?

You probably can't get replacement sensors from another vendor just Tesla and if they have them it is $300 plus they have to install them. At delivery they will likely do that for free and change out the wheels. At least they did that for me. I was able to essentially get another set of wheels tires and TPS for slightly under what I sold my OEM for. The number quoted by Keith above seems in the range. I sold mine on Craigslist.

Saw this thread where these guys are selling oem sensors.
Am I correct to assume that if I buy the sensors from Tesla, they will install for free on my new set of wheels?

If I decide to keep the OEM 21 Uberturbines with Michelin All seasons on it, I assume the rears will wear out faster than the front. Hence a lot of folks moving to square set up where they can rotate the tires. Any guesses on in how many miles rears are gone? Warranty on these are 45k miles.

Understand that a lot depends on how you drive but to get a general idea, Thanks

Last edited: