Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for V11 Rework/Improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have already received 3 updates since the v11 Christmas special, and today I see another one is out (2021.44.30.8).
Are these all just heat pump fixes? I keep hoping to find the app tray expanded :)

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 10.00.38 AM.png

I wish there was someone who could film me while I was fiddling with the defogger this morning while driving with rolled down windows at 10’F - the only way to prevent the windshield from fogging. This is a _major_ safety issue. And the idea of swiping to close a window does not make it easier.
What were they thinking?! God know what other bone-headed decisions are happening in that company…

I wish there was someone who could film me while I was fiddling with the defogger this morning while driving with rolled down windows at 10’F - the only way to prevent the windshield from fogging. This is a _major_ safety issue. And the idea of swiping to close a window does not make it easier.
What were they thinking?! God know what other bone-headed decisions are happening in that company…
When I first got the update and heard the horror stories I practiced the voice command for defrosting/fogging and it worked perfectly. In fact the defogging is my wife’s job when we drive because it’s her dog that steams everything up, but now I do it by voice command.
On the downside, have we lost the voice command for the telephone, now that we have a red telephone icon?

I have already received 3 updates since the v11 Christmas special, and today I see another one is out (2021.44.30.8).
Are these all just heat pump fixes? I keep hoping to find the app tray expanded :)

View attachment 755959
So we now have 3 bug fixes in less than a month - kinda seems like they didn't really work this 'update' through too well.

I have a small one. I suspect it’s always been this way but it’s an attention to detail thing. I got in the car and it for some reason had my wife’s profile. I switched to mine which in parallel starts moving the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors. Both the seat and steering wheel needed to go down, but the steering wheel repositions a lot faster then the seat. So first it squished me even more which got better as the seat continued to move.

The profile switch code should look at the directions of travel for the seat vs steering wheel and optimize the order of moves to allow for the most space. Eg the steering wheel moves first or second depending.

Reactions: OxBrew and rjpjnk
Perhaps that was our fault....we clamor for these Christmas gifts...maybe we put too much pressure on them

IMO… the change included the light show feature and that encouraged them to make the decision to ship.

They should have a better quality bar. I dont think they have good processes to ensure quality. So they rely too heavily on opinions.

IMO… the change included the light show feature and that encouraged them to make the decision to ship.

They should have a better quality bar. I dont think they have good processes to ensure quality. So they rely too heavily on opinions.
Agreed - quality should be the criteria for shipping, not a light show. If a gimmick takes priority over quality or safety we should all sell our cars.

Agreed - quality should be the criteria for shipping, not a light show. If a gimmick takes priority over quality or safety we should all sell our cars.

I’m not planning on selling my car thank you. I might update to a newer M3 thou. They made a few car improvements I would like. But I will skip fsd this time.

As an ev it’s so far ahead of anything else I have experience with. Additionally I like the minimalist interior of the M3. I think that was visionary and it works.

They many great ideas, but they do have a problem thou realizing that not all their great ideas are actually .. well .. good. They need to learn the skill of how to tell them apart.

Last edited:
Allow users to customize their own screen. Just like every smart phone, tablet and computer screen.
given tesla's bad behavior, I'd even want lock-out areas where I can ensure my icons or buttons stay stable no matter WHAT tesla decides, later.

almost like - well - I'm claiming some of the space I on my screen - the very one that's inside the car that I BOUGHT and OWN.

having to ask or beg (or tweet?) to get some space that you should own. isn't that a strange way we've evolved, as consumers of user interfaces.

OT: its why I'm constantly drawn to systems like linux that let you, the user, change whatever you want. the UI part of the tesla could be a little more like that; not saying it would be just "edit some file in slash ettsy and hup the daemon" (heh) but they could do something more than they do now.

When I first got the update and heard the horror stories I practiced the voice command for defrosting/fogging and it worked perfectly. In fact the defogging is my wife’s job when we drive because it’s her dog that steams everything up, but now I do it by voice command.
On the downside, have we lost the voice command for the telephone, now that we have a red telephone icon?
Voice commands do not work without cell coverage, as it was my case. Cell coverage in the mountains is usually spotty.

Reactions: sleepydoc
given tesla's bad behavior, I'd even want lock-out areas where I can ensure my icons or buttons stay stable no matter WHAT tesla decides, later.

almost like - well - I'm claiming some of the space I on my screen - the very one that's inside the car that I BOUGHT and OWN.

having to ask or beg (or tweet?) to get some space that you should own. isn't that a strange way we've evolved, as consumers of user interfaces.

OT: its why I'm constantly drawn to systems like linux that let you, the user, change whatever you want. the UI part of the tesla could be a little more like that; not saying it would be just "edit some file in slash ettsy and hup the daemon" (heh) but they could do something more than they do now.
Tesla is the Apple of cars. I doubt Tesla will adopt the customizability of linux. Hopefully there are future car options for people that love customization.

Tesla is the Apple of cars. I doubt Tesla will adopt the customizability of linux. Hopefully there are future car options for people that love customization.

My iPhone has customizable pages. Supports multiple navigation apps with a pile of interesting features. Has various gadgets for seeing things at a glance. And a 3rd party App Store. Releases of the fist party code is tested before shipped.

Tesla aspires to be the apple of cars. On the sw front they are not there yet.

My iPhone has customizable pages. Supports multiple navigation apps with a pile of interesting features. Has various gadgets for seeing things at a glance. And a 3rd party App Store. Releases of the fist party code is tested before shipped.

Compared to every other car maker, Tesla is the Apple of cars. I’m not comparing Tesla to Apples ability to make phone software. Tesla made the first car that was like a smartphone (like Apple). Every car before Tesla was like a flip phone.

And it took a decade for some of those features to ship. To this day no third party navigation app gets access to the lock screen.

So let’s check back in 2030 and see where things stand. If Tesla cracks FSD, most of these issues won’t even matter by then.

And it took a decade for some of those features to ship. To this day no third party navigation app gets access to the lock screen.

So let’s check back in 2030 and see where things stand. If Tesla cracks FSD, most of these issues won’t even matter by then.
We’ll all be wearing AR devices by then (glasses/contacts) where we won’t need physical screens anymore.

Reactions: lensovet