Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for V11 Rework/Improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a scame! in Europe. We can not anymore see if we are in FM or DAB radio!!! Signal quality réception icône disaper as well !! It's totally a scame for such expencive car !!! If this continue like that I will chant to an other car... I can't accept that. It look like a really cheap user interface. In thé earlyer version it was very good user disply. Why such a régression. This a making Bad view on the véhicule.

We can not anymore see if we are in FM or DAB radio!!!
Yes, we saw your other notes. Please don't post a problem on multiple threads. That's not helpful.

Elon admitted that Tesla needs to do better with software releases. Also they treat drivers as beta testers but without a bug report channel. Some of us don't want to run unfinished code on our cars.

It is helpful to report new problems, workarounds, and ideas. Sometimes we also release our frustrations here -- Tesla cars are the best but poor quality software gets in the way, sometimes dangerously so. There are lots of bugs in the audio software. That's nothing compared to changes that make it hard to find and operate the defogger in winter or make the charge port not open.

Some people check this "Software: Firmware updates" forum to find out when an update sounds debugged enough before installing it. Some people install more or fewer updates than that. Definitely beware of December 25 "holiday updates" where Tesla has been known to release wild user interface changes and lots of bugs.

Also note that Tesla software releases and versions don't work the way anyone would expect. See the first post of this thread (no need to read the rest): When will my car get updates? Its been AGES already!

Not always..but at least it’s an evolving product..I think that V11 is improving nicely…and who knows what is coming next

Every gui update has made Model 3 worse. With V11 we got a less useable music scrolllist, a music scrollbar which triggers the AC adjustment everytime you touch it and even more screenhungry AP view (when it should be shrunken really so we can have music and map at the same time like in model s), less legible font. With the holiday update we got a similar process.

The gui is designed by people who dont drive the car themselves. There were many good suggestions on youtube.
We need to get the music scrolling, usb search fixed and individual scaling of windows i.e. AP view, music, map etc.

Reactions: Floris ROOSEN
How to ask Tesla to corrects the bugs on the FM and Digital radio user display??

Since the latest update, now we can not anymore see if we are in digital or FM, the signal quality réception icôn had disaper !!! It's a scame. I don't pays more than 65000€ for an unfinish bugged user interface car!

Yes I think the teams that design the user display are spending their time to waste it by adding and remooving features. This is not professionnal. The Radio display is one of the exemple. Before the latest update, it was okey évent if it is l'argely incomplet... Now it's crapp, even HD Radio buttons disaper!!! It's totally un respect for user and making me feel I am in a cheap car... I think Musk should urgently have a look on that! I can't continue trust Tesla if I don't know what going on in thé futur for the car I brought.

How to ask Tesla to corrects the bugs on the FM and Digital radio user display??

Since the latest update, now we can not anymore see if we are in digital or FM, the signal quality réception icôn had disaper !!! It's a scame. I don't pays more than 65000€ for an unfinish bugged user interface car!

Yes I think the teams that design the user display are spending their time to waste it by adding and remooving features. This is not professionnal. The Radio display is one of the exemple. Before the latest update, it was okey évent if it is l'argely incomplet... Now it's crapp, even HD Radio buttons disaper!!! It's totally un respect for user and making me feel I am in a cheap car... I think Musk should urgently have a look on that! I can't continue trust Tesla if I don't know what going on in thé futur for the car I brought.
Try Twitter

You can also try chat support on the Tesla website. It might require logging in to access it.

Or open a service request in the Tesla app. But the app doesn't seem to enable discussing a problem until after the service people finish. Maybe they fixed that by now.