Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions needed for window tinting in San Diego area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I need advice on tinting for my Model S. This will be for side window and rear window only, not front windshield. Can you give me recommendations on:
1. Best film for durability and heat protection while minimizing drastic change in car's appearance and remaining legal in CA?
2. Recommended shops/installers in San Diego area?
3. Does tinting affect any of the car's functionality, i.e. GPS/sensors/LTE reception (car not phone)?
4. Approximate cost, if you are comfortable posting.

Thank you very much!

Talk to Theo at Monumental Workx. I had his company apply Expel to the front half of my Model S, and I was pleased with the work, which was competitively priced. He will have a variety of options for window tinting for consideration. He and his staff are also savvy on the regulations. 858 291 8200.

So, I went with Theo's shop, Monumental Workx using Spectra Photosync film. For the rear windows/trunk: SPH35 and front windows SPH55. Curtis did the installation and his work is phenomenal! I am super happy with the work they did. I'd highly recommend them! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Reactions: DaveT
So, I went with Theo's shop, Monumental Workx using Spectra Photosync film. For the rear windows/trunk: SPH35 and front windows SPH55. Curtis did the installation and his work is phenomenal! I am super happy with the work they did. I'd highly recommend them! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

how much did it cost you if I can ask? I am looking for the tinting my MS and I hear around $600. Tinting on a non tesla costed me around 1/4th of that. It was a good quality one but that was 8 years ago.