Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions to tesla for Navigation functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new Model 3 owner here. Yes ... things that I think the Tesla should do, but I can't find them in navigation:
  1. Zoom in when slowing down, to see more detail.
  2. Zoom out at higher speeds to show more of the map.
  3. Options for North-Up and Direction-Up.
  4. Report an error (at a roundabout today, it told me to take the first exit. The second exit was the correct one).
  5. Add way-points.
  6. Add the current location as a favourite (easily).
  7. Options for Whole Route, Remaining Route and Dynamic (as per 1. and 2. above) for display on the map.

Can anyone help me with these - as I think some of them must be in there somewhere!

Options for North-Up and Direction-Up.

Add way-points.

For north-up or direction-up: touch somewhere on the map to bring up icons on the right side of the map. There will be an icon to select this.

Way-points (Tesla calls them "stops") are added to software version 2021.40.5

It does most of what you want already:

If you're in "guidance mode", it will do the zooming. To select guidance mode (as opposed to North Up, trip, leg, etc.), start navigation. In the upper right screen there should be a compass, touch that to change modes.

You can't report errors - it wouldn't do much good, however, because Tesla uses the Google map database so they can't/wouldn't make corrections

Waypoints are available in the newest software update (I don't have it yet)