Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suis-je fou de roadtrip à la France rurale ?

Suis-je fou de roadtrip à la France rurale ?

• Oui

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Il dépend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonjour je suis en utilisant un service de traduction lanugage afin d'excuses pour les erreurs.

Je suis en voyage en août pour la France (Cherves-Châtelars, 16310, France) via le tunnel.

Il serait amusant à conduire dans le Tesla (au lieu de voler) mais je m'inquiète de la charge à/près de ma destination. S'il vous plaît pouvez-vous m'aider à comprendre comment je peux charger près de (Cherves-Châtelars, 16310, France) et ce que je pourrais avoir besoin d'adaptateurs ?

J'ai Chademo et UK adaptateur.

Merci d'avance

JC

Hello and welcome,

I believe it would be better for all if you can write in english (I guess english is your mother tongue) on this forum.
In the area of Cherves-Châtelars you have 2 Tesla Superchargers located near Angoulême and Limoges. You also have 2 Tesla destination chargers at Angoulême and half way between Angoulême and Limoges. Furthermore your have public charging stations (check on Plugsahre ) with plug type 2 (Mennekes charging cable).

Enjoy your trip to France with your Tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: Boogaloo and .jg.
On the Tesla site, it's written that the superchargers of Limoges and Angouleme are supposed to be opened "soon"...

I didn't look on the screen of the navigator.

I had a look at plugshare, it's really "refueld by crows" this area of France

Reactions: Boogaloo
Firstly. Thank you ever so much for responding. English is my mother tongue, and yes I agree it’s probably better for all if we spare everyone the terrible French from the translation tool.

I’ve now established that I can get to the destination we need to, which is great.

I have a couple of questions-

1) gernerally are the SC available or heavily congested?

2) the owner has said that we can trickle charge from a domestic socket Has anyone experience with this in France who can share their experience? I think this will be enough for excursions.

Bien cordialement

• Funny
Reactions: deonb
hi,
for domestic socket ask your SC to provide you an adapter for neutral/ground that can be reversed here
french cars are delivered with it ( 2 cables to plug to umc, if one does not work use the other one that has inverted ground on it )

• Helpful
Yes, you can charge on domestic plugs with the corresponding adapters, as wrote fren. You should set it on 9A max, and not 13A as allowed by the car, as many plugs have a 10A circuit breaker, and even if the circuit is 16A the plug may overheat.
With 9A, you generally get 9-10km/h charge.

On the road, the superchargers are rarely congested. Most of the time they are less than half full, especially if you avoid Paris. I would recommend taking the A28 Rouen > Le Mans, it's somewhat expensive but the traffic is very sparse and the two superchargers are definitely not congested.

At destination, you have Angouleme nearby which has a free "Destination Charging" at 22kW, in a big commercial area. Just have a lunch there and take your time, you will get 200km easily.

• Helpful
I drove from the UK to Toulouse and back in May, using superchargers all the way. The superchargers in France were not congested but the one at the Eurotunnel Terminal in Folkestone (between the ticket booths and departure) was full when I was there. I used a destination charger at the Intermarché Ramonville supermarket in Toulouse. I took a Newmotion card and a Type 2 cable with me, in case I needed to use a non-Tesla charger but I never used them.
The Poitiers supercharger may be on your route - this is at the Novotel hotel next to Futuroscope. If you have children, Futuroscope may be a nice day out for them.

• Helpful