Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installing the new mirror was as simple as aligning it within the house and pressing towards the front of the vehicle until the mirror "snapped" into place. For what it's worth it took a lot more force to remove the OEM mirror than installing the new mirror.

Same experience here !! Seems like it took a lot of force to remove the OEM mirror glass. I was afraid of breaking something, but once I got one clip loose, the rest was easy. I used my fingers and trim removal tools to get the first clip off...

Does anyone have any feedback after installing the new mirrors? I got mine on, but I can't seem to get them to adjusted the way I thought they would (so that I could see more of the blind spot). Just trying to figure out if I don't have them installed correctly or something.

My drivers side is adjusted all of the way outward, but I see too much of the side of the car and outside part of the mirror shows abut the same point as my stock mirror did before.

Does anyone have any feedback after installing the new mirrors? I got mine on, but I can't seem to get them to adjusted the way I thought they would (so that I could see more of the blind spot). Just trying to figure out if I don't have them installed correctly or something.

My drivers side is adjusted all of the way outward, but I see too much of the side of the car and outside part of the mirror shows abut the same point as my stock mirror did before.

I'll check later today .....

I have my driver-side mirror adjusted all the way out and still see more of the side of the car than I would prefer, but the overall field of view is definitely wider.

Having said that, the outer edge of the mirror is so recessed within the mirror housing that a good portion of the reflection is just a view of the inside of the mirror housing, haha!

Got my driver side adjusted way out, I can still see the edge of the door, lots of view, don’t have to turn my head to the left anymore.

Fred

weird, maybe its your height or where your seat position is but i can see from the very edge of my car and into the previous blindspot now. I wanted to cover the side of my car since motorcyclists lane split here in CA.

One thing I've noted is that Ive been getting headaches after driving (about 20-30 minutes) after installing these mirrors. I'll try to readjust them to see if it helps. I've read some people having the same headaches with other convex mirrors (convex rear view mirrors for instance)

One thing I've noted is that Ive been getting headaches after driving (about 20-30 minutes) after installing these mirrors. I'll try to readjust them to see if it helps. I've read some people having the same headaches with other convex mirrors (convex rear view mirrors for instance)

I've noticed this as well, but I'm hoping I will get used to it.......

I don't see the edge of my car with the mirror adjusted out as far as it can go. I can actually see two lanes to the left of me now.

Reactions: ranova
I've noticed this as well, but I'm hoping I will get used to it.......

I don't see the edge of my car with the mirror adjusted out as far as it can go. I can actually see two lanes to the left of me now.

Yeah, I hope both myself and partner get used to it

In one of the convex rear mirror reviews the person states:
Great quality, super easy install. If you haven't used this type of mirror it might give you a headache, but stick with it you'll get used to it. I couldn't live with out mine so I ordered one for my gf's car too

So hopefully that means we will get used to it!

For you guys that already installed them, did you just re-route the stock wiring as suggested?

I was planning on waiting for the extensions, but I may just try it this weekend without the extensions.

someone in another thread say the reroute method still doesnt make it long enough. I would just wait for the extensions. Hopefully you dont live in an area where you would need defrosting now

Reactions: tracksyde
For you guys that already installed them, did you just re-route the stock wiring as suggested?

I was planning on waiting for the extensions, but I may just try it this weekend without the extensions.

I tried to re-route, but it was still just a little too short. Received an email form @SumaPerformance estimating the second week in September for delivery of the extensions....

My passenger OEM mirror glass was hard to get off, so I didn't want to reinstall while waiting for the extensions.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I tried to re-route, but it was still just a little too short. Received an email form @SumaPerformance estimating the second week in September for delivery of the extensions....

My passenger OEM mirror glass was hard to get off, so I didn't want to reinstall while waiting for the extensions.

So you have the blue mirror on the driver side and the stock mirror on the passenger at the moment?

i thought one of the rules on this board was NO adverts/selling?

I think you missed the whole MarketPlace section.

BCA946F0-755B-4158-9495-22F39B4C0060.png