Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
then why not show the installation for it?
Installing the mirrors with turn signals is not plug and play and requires tapping into turn signals at the repeater/camera unit on the fenders and running the wires to the side mirror. That was the reason I just chose the mirrors with defroster and not turn signals. If you or anybody wants guidance on how to tap into the repeaters for a turn signal, watch this video .

That said, I'd be willing to install the mirrors with turn signals and record a how-to video if Suma Performance sent me the mirrors for free...

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt and Curb71
I loved these when they had similar ones for my Honda S2000. You will have to adjust the way you drive because the objects will be much much closer to what you see in the mirror. I wish they made it for the model S and here they are for the Model 3.

Installing the mirrors with turn signals is not plug and play and requires tapping into turn signals at the repeater/camera unit on the fenders and running the wires to the side mirror. That was the reason I just chose the mirrors with defroster and not turn signals. If you or anybody wants guidance on how to tap into the repeaters for a turn signal, watch this video .

That said, I'd be willing to install the mirrors with turn signals and record a how-to video if Suma Performance sent me the mirrors for free...
An installation video will be helpful for this community!

Should we do it, and what do others think?

Reactions: tracksyde
An installation video will be helpful for this community!

Should we do it, and what do others think?

I would do a write up for a set. In fact I already have on my M3 so I know what to do. My wife has been wanting them in her M3 so I could do a write up on her car. It’s a bit of a pain. You really need to remove the mirror assembly from the car and fish the wires through which is not the easiest. Then you have to get inside of the fenders to route and access the turn signal wire. I did it in an evening but would probably be quicker the second go around. Let me know.

Reactions: android04
Mine just came with no instructions at all, no paperwork at all. Weird.
I did find a customer’s video that starts with “What up my boys?”
Unprofessional in my view. Needs to improve.

Exactly how mine came - no documentation.. The passenger OEM mirror glass was very difficult to get off for me. The driver's side was quite easy though and just popped right out.

tes.jpg

Yes, but our mirrors are also anti-glare so that makes up the purpose of auto dimmer, without making the mirrors too dark that auto dimmers might do in some scenarios.

I just purchased a set of your mirrors, however there is a piece missing.

On the OEM mirrors there is a copper antenna connector or something on the bottom left of this picture. There is no such copper antenna connector on your mirrors.

What is that OEM connector for?

20191003_142754-jpg.462311

Last edited:
I just purchased a set of your mirrors, however there is a piece missing.

On the OEM mirrors there is a copper antenna connector or something on the bottom left of this picture. There is no such copper antenna connector on your mirrors.

What is that OEM connector for?

20191003_142754-jpg.462311
The OEM connector is for auto dimming. We don't have that since we don't need auto dimming on Suma Performance mirrors. Does that answer your question?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
The OEM connector is for auto dimming. We don't have that since we don't need auto dimming on Suma Performance mirrors. Does that answer your question?

There is an additional exposed copper piece that is on the bottom left of the picture below. What does that connect to on the OEM mirror?

I circled it in yellow in the pic below.

That piece is not on your mirror.

mirror.jpg

There is an additional exposed copper piece that is on the bottom left of the picture below. What does that connect to on the OEM mirror?

I circled it in yellow in the pic below.

That piece is not on your mirror.

View attachment 464269
It supposedly provides extra support to secure the OEM mirror. But we've found that it is not necessary. That's the reason we don't have them on our Summa Performance mirrors

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Got my suma mirrors. They work really well, and the install is actually easier than indicated in the install video .. I was able to snap out my OEM mirrors and install the new ones in about 1 minute for each side, no tools needed.

My only complaint is that I am not fond of the blue tint because I have 20% window tint and it's super dark at night if I'm trying to use my mirrors to reverse.

signal-attachment-2019-10-09-220423.jpg