Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my suma mirrors. They work really well, and the install is actually easier than indicated in the install video .. I was able to snap out my OEM mirrors and install the new ones in about 1 minute for each side, no tools needed.

My only complaint is that I am not fond of the blue tint because I have 20% window tint and it's super dark at night if I'm trying to use my mirrors to reverse.

Darker than the OEM Auto dimming?

Just installed my mirrors today. Overall, it’s a good product. The convex mirror will take some getting used to if you never experience them before. The wide angle definitely helps with blind spots when lane changing. My biggest gripe is the blue tint. I have 25% tint and at night it’s very difficult to see. I would rather have regular ‘non anti-glare’ mirrors than the blue tint. Glare is not an issue for me 99% of the time. I really hope Suma looks into producing convex mirrors without the anti-glare coating.

The chromatic 'blue' tint poses no issues at down to about 35 40 side window tint. No tint, 70, 50, 35 etc ok unless you have eyesight trouble or difficulty seeing in low light conditions in general.

Anything will less light transmission than 35 coupled with the mirrors or dimmed OEs at night can be problematic to many... most. These combos will also be fairly unsafe.

My review:
1. I like the field of vision.
2. They made me nauseous, but that went away.
3. In the day, the view was blocked by a reflection on my 60% tinted windows from my white dash strip. I got the dash covered with a matte carbon fiber vinyl, which solved the problem. $150.
4. At night, they are too dark. I can see lights, but that’s about it.

We can make non anti-glare version but you'll lose your auto dimming feature. Would people still be interested? If there is enough of interest, we'll offer the non anti-glare version.
I think most people would be fine with losing the auto-dimming. Personally I wouldn’t mind at all. Never been a fan of auto-dimming on mirrors.

Perhaps I could try and put together a group buy to see if there’s enough interest? Any chance you could get us a discount if we get enough buyers?

2. They made me nauseous, but that went away.
3. In the day, the view was blocked by a reflection on my 60% tinted windows from my white dash strip. I got the dash covered with a matte carbon fiber vinyl, which solved the problem. $150.

They never made me nauseous.

But you paid $150 for a vinyl wrap? Ouch. They sell single piece ABS covers now that cost $60 that snap on. No dash removal to install.

I'm just waiting for a version that has black alcantera

I had this same issue. Didn't notice the reflection too much with the factory wing mirror glass, but really noticed it with the blue colored SUMA mirrors. I bought a "Matrix Black" vinyl from Amazon, popped off the dash and wrapped it. Made a big difference with respect to glare on the mirrors.

The Suma mirrors do not support the OE autodimming feature so its either/or:

- OE mirrors with autodim, no blue tint
but also a low field of view

- current Suma mirrors without autodim, with blue tint which natively reduces glare at all times and with wide field of view

- proposed Suma mirrors without autodim
and without blue tint (so no glare control)
just still the wide field of view

In a nutshell Sumas without the chromatic blue glare control tint have no alternative to OE autodim so you would just loose that property, achieved in different ways, of both mirrors currently on the market.