Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by Hong Kong, and saw a local Model 3 parked in front of a shopping mall with Tesla sales reps there promoting the car, so I messed around with it.

Definitely some kind of convex/aspheric(can't immediately tell) mirror on both sides. Without the "objects are closer than they appear" text on either side.

I immediately ordered a set of "export" mirror glasses 1130653 and 1130654 direct from Tesla. Will post comparison photos when I have them side by side back in USA.

This might be an alternative if some of us are holding off Suma's offerings because of autodimming or feel the blue tint is too strong? Although getting them in USA will be a hassle for most people. Not sure about the furthest angle viewable compared to Suma's too...

I stopped by Hong Kong, and saw a local Model 3 parked in front of a shopping mall with Tesla sales reps there promoting the car, so I messed around with it.

Definitely some kind of convex/aspheric(can't immediately tell) mirror on both sides. Without the "objects are closer than they appear" text on either side.

I immediately ordered a set of "export" mirror glasses 1130653 and 1130654 direct from Tesla. Will post comparison photos when I have them side by side back in USA.

This might be an alternative if some of us are holding off Suma's offerings because of autodimming or feel the blue tint is too strong? Although getting them in USA will be a hassle for most people. Not sure about the furthest angle viewable compared to Suma's too...
I think European Teslas also come with convex mirrors? Anyways, might be a better idea to start your own thread for this discussion.

I stopped by Hong Kong, and saw a local Model 3 parked in front of a shopping mall with Tesla sales reps there promoting the car, so I messed around with it. Definitely some kind of convex/aspheric(can't immediately tell) mirror on both sides. Without the "objects are closer than they appear" text on either side.

Great information for OEM Tesla Convex non-blue mirrors. What is the price per mirror?

could you keep us posted on how that goes? I could get someone in HK to buy for me if it turns out good

Reactions: Cowby and Curb71
I am debating between these non-blue and blue tinted mirrors.
I have 35% tint on the driver/passenger side and the OEM mirrors (auto dim) are just too dark at night.
Can anyone with windows tint and the blue mirrors provide some insight? Is it going to be too dark as well?

I am debating between these non-blue and blue tinted mirrors.
I have 35% tint on the driver/passenger side and the OEM mirrors (auto dim) are just too dark at night.
Can anyone with windows tint and the blue mirrors provide some insight? Is it going to be too dark as well?

I have 35% tint and the blue mirrors are quite dark at night and almost black when it rains. I’m swapping out to non-blue mirrors for the winter and using the blue ones for the summer. It takes less than 5 mins to swap out both mirrors. It is hard to see the curbs when parallel parking and I end up rolling down my passenger window so that I don’t curb my wheels.

You’re in Socal so you don’t get as much rain and the blue mirrors may not be an issue for you.

Reactions: Chasis
I have 35% tint and the blue mirrors are quite dark at night and almost black when it rains. I’m swapping out to non-blue mirrors for the winter and using the blue ones for the summer. It takes less than 5 mins to swap out both mirrors. It is hard to see the curbs when parallel parking and I end up rolling down my passenger window so that I don’t curb my wheels.

You’re in Socal so you don’t get as much rain and the blue mirrors may not be an issue for you.

Thanks for the info! My main purpose is to get rid of the dark mirrors, so I can see better at night. The wide angle view is definitely a plus but not a must have for me.