Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you have blind spots?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you offer this product without the loss of auto dimming? I would get these in a heartbeat if it meant retaining the same auto dim as the rear view mirror.

Tint your side windows! šŸ˜

But really, if you do tint your side window with anything 35% or darker, you really don't want to use the auto dimming on the factory mirrors or it'll be way too dark.... much darker on Tesla cars than other cars I've owned with 35% side window tint and auto dimming side mirrors.

I currently have 30% on my MYP side windows and I have to keep the auto dimming turned off or it feels like like driving with limo tint at night, and it's actually hard to determine the distance of cars behind you. YMMV, but just something to consider.

Tint your side windows! šŸ˜

But really, if you do tint your side window with anything 35% or darker, you really don't want to use the auto dimming on the factory mirrors or it'll be way too dark.... much darker on Tesla cars than other cars I've owned with 35% side window tint and auto dimming side mirrors.

I currently have 30% on my MYP side windows and I have to keep the auto dimming turned off or it feels like like driving with limo tint at night, and it's actually hard to determine the distance of cars behind you. YMMV, but just something to consider.
Holy cow bro! I didnā€™t even think about that! I have yet to tint the front windows and didnā€™t even think about how the auto dimming mirrors (or lack there of) wouldnā€™t matter once the tint is on! Thanks for the heads up, this makes sense now!

Reactions: SumaPerformance
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 10.50.28 PM.png

I bought SUMA last year and yea, it's better than OEM. But guys, come on, that quality mirror glass costs $10-15 a pair on aliexpress for other cars (MK7 Golf, mazda 6 is what i experienced first hand). Exactly same quality (and likely same factory as SUMA) for Tesla 3/Y goes for 25-30 a piece now, didn't exist last year. You markup is outrageous.

Hi @aspushkin thanks for the comment and that's the misconception. We manufacture our own mirrors, and our factory is in Taiwan. We use premium optical glasses imported from Japan and use gel coating technology to ensure the coating doesn't fade. Unlike other brands, they either use spray-on or film that eventually comes off. Quality isn't the same.

Reactions: aspushkin
Hi @aspushkin thanks for the comment and that's the misconception. We manufacture our own mirrors, and our factory is in Taiwan. We use premium optical glasses imported from Japan and use gel coating technology to ensure the coating doesn't fade. Unlike other brands, they either use spray-on or film that eventually comes off. Quality isn't the same.
Thanks for the reply, and good to know it's not going to rust inside in a year.

Reactions: SumaPerformance
Are there different electrical connections? I ordered a set from the Chinese brand for my 2020 Y and the electrical fittings are different on mine from what they sent me and now they donā€™t respond. My mirrors have two vertical pins vs the ones that lay flat as they sent me.

Are there different electrical connections? I ordered a set from the Chinese brand for my 2020 Y and the electrical fittings are different on mine from what they sent me and now they donā€™t respond. My mirrors have two vertical pins vs the ones that lay flat as they sent me.
They are the same but I can only say that for our brand. Was it working prior and now not working?