Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sumitomo Tires - Any good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So... I'm tired of destroying the OEM goodyear tires every 7k on the back end...

Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 for 2013 Tesla Model S 85

Are these any good? they have a warranty for 45k miles, and are cheaper, with a higher tread wear number...

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated) for 2013 Tesla Model S 85

I've never heard of them, but the tread looks good, descent reviews..

thanks.

I tried the P7s a while back, and didn't like they way they let go. Basically I can slide the car with the goodyears, and it's very predictable/controlled. The P7s would grip, grip, then BOOM let go, it wasn't a progressive loss of traction like the good years gave me.

so. as of of now, I'm riding on bald azz rear tires because I don't bother to rotate, so I only have to replace 2 at a time...

but, I want some more life. I'm tired of changing tires more than charging! the car drives strait. I can eek out 300 wH/mile if I... try... so I'm pretty sure it's just my need for speed killing these things.

Reactions: The Duke
I recently wore out my Pirelli Cinterato p7's and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + and I am very happy. The Pirelli were smooth and quiet but the traction was not good and this is with a S85 not even the P models. The AS3+ tires are MUCH stickier I am very happy.

The best part of the Pirelli's is they didn't last near the warranty so I received a $500 discount when I traded them back in. New tires for $600 installed is amazing.