Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summary of Tampa to Spokane Trip - Success!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That said, you don't normally zip through downtown Atlanta during rush hour at 75 mph

I've seen people doing 100 mph through Chicago in the middle of the afternoon on the expressways, and 100mph out in the burbs. (They were probably doing 100 as I passed them.) And apparently cops are scarce, having been instructed to avoid unnecessary contact- another benefit of having a sane governor during Covid.

Gives new meaning to "rush hour."

I hear you about the seats. Before I turned in a long range plus before the 7 days, my back would be very uncomfortable even after 30 minutes somehow. I love being a road warrior, so I saw that writing on the wall. With my new(for me), 2018 100D, the seats are so amazingly comfortable, and perfectly coddle my upper backside.

Reactions: ScottFLA
Covid and hotels: In some areas, hotels were completely closed down. For example, in IL they were closed. The Supercharger station in Mt. Vernon was at an exit with several nice and newer hotels. Completely closed and parking lots barricaded.

On my way home from Denver to Louisville in mid-March for business, as COVID closedowns were starting to happen, I stayed at the Doubletree(?) right there where the Mount Vernon SC is. I think I was one of 10 people at the hotel. I drove the long distance because air travel was starting to get iffy. Like you, I brought my own food; in an electric cooler. It was nice to just relax and eat when I stopped. I hardly ever saw anyone at the chargers where I stopped and the bathrooms in the hotels and restaurants were always empty. Although I had masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer with me, at that time hardly anyone was practicing safe distancing. Interesting trip, to say the least. Fun in my Model 3. Looking forward to my first big trip when I get my X later this month.

ScottFLA, great post, thanks for sharing your trip.

By using your Tesla Account, you can look at the History. There it contains a log of every Supercharger you used. Date, time, place and usage.

Here’s a screenshot of mine.
F3DF56F5-9A4E-4128-B8E5-657394E2220A.jpeg

I was thinking about getting one as well after this trip. Do you, or anyone, have an Amazon link to the one that works well for you and fits well with the MX?
I hear you on this. I had a Raven MX and turned it in before 7 days. This was one of the biggest reasons-- my back would knot up like a 'fist' on drives over 20 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I'm 6'3" and 220 pounds. For anyone else with similar issues, fyi, my recently purchased 2018 100D seats have no such problem-- they remind me of some Recaro seats I had back in the day. Perfectly, almost custom supported and holding me in nicely on corners and absolutely no fatigue on straight 4 hour stretches.

I can't wait to get this starship out on some longer trips.

Thanks, very sad and preventable. There were children amongst the 8 who died. I was actually driving through town after hiking when it happened but since it was on the south side of the lake didn't notice anything. Covid or not, Coeur d'Alene becomes a madhouse on Independence Day with numerous planes and boats. Some recreational boaters were the first on scene and secured 2 of the bodies. Another body has been found inside the wreckage, leaving 5 still unaccounted for last I saw. :-(

Thanks, very sad and preventable. There were children amongst the 8 who died. I was actually driving through town after hiking when it happened but since it was on the south side of the lake didn't notice anything. Covid or not, Coeur d'Alene becomes a madhouse on Independence Day with numerous planes and boats. Some recreational boaters were the first on scene and secured 2 of the bodies. Another body has been found inside the wreckage, leaving 5 still unaccounted for last I saw. :-(

Oh goodness, how horrific. That’s a tragedy unspeakable.

I’m quasi-studying for my Part 107 drone license and (usually) spend a lot of time on airplanes so understand “see and avoid” rules. All it takes is a second of distraction for these kind of events to happen. So sad.

Stay safe and enjoy the beauty out there!

Thanks for the info Scott. I wonder if the ride would have been more quiet if you had 20” wheels. Heading from Philly to Ft Lauderdate end of next week, going to try to go all the way through, maybe pass out for a couple hours somewhere in GA. But thanks for the info, and I’ll be using both ABRP and Tesla’s built planner, so I’ll be curious which one works out best.
I know, an older thread, but hate making new ones.