TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Summer Family Trip: Rear Seat Console cupholder? Front Console? Ideas?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Dog lover 1, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

We are planning a long trip in the car this summer, I have seen lots of posts on rear consoles, most of them with bad results. Even the Tesla Rear Seat Console has issues. Anyone know of a GOOD rear console that wont break? I also would not like to lose my middle seat, maybe something on the floor?? My overall goal is to be able to put an iPad holder somewhere so both kids can watch movies without having to hold the iPad, And hold drinks so they do not spill. Any good NEW options out there?

I also am considering a front console for additional cup holders, as we may want full use of the armrest for the trip?

• Funny x 1
  2. Powerflux

Powerflux Member

I use the Sasucker Ipad suction mount and the kids love it :)
    Naked Flex Mount

As far as a decent cupholder arrangement goes, I too ave found nothing but rubbish:(

• Like x 1
  3. thimel

thimel Member

• Like x 2
  4. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

5. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

This is interesting, they make cup holders too!

6. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

have you checked out www.evampedup.com? I have both the front and rear consoles (Ludicrous), love them. I do not know about the iPad holder, but maybe they do.

7. thimel

thimel Member

It velcros on. Very strong adhesive and Velcro. I only use it for cups.

8. commasign

commasign Active Member

Why not get the official Tesla integrated center console? It addresses most of your requests: extra front cup holders so you don't lose the armrests, cup holders for the rear without losing the middle seat. It's pricey but a nice retrofit. No regrets getting it on my 2014.

Tesla — Model S Integrated Center Console

• Like x 1
  9. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Wow, I don't want to spend $1200 for this. The rear cup holders rattle according to reports. The EVamped set up , both Front and Rear is about $750 and looks better. I think I will go this route.

• Like x 1
  10. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I have 1200 reasons.........

• Like x 1
  11. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

We ordered the www.evampedup.com, shipped fast, within the week. Got the standard one for the front and LED for the rear. Also ordered the drawer for my cubby compartment. Installed all of them myself within 20 minutes. Hubby was impressed!

• Like x 1
  12. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Great choice. Love mine.

13. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

btw, did you get the dual USB installed for the rear?

14. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

We did! Kids love them. Keep the electronics charged.

• Like x 1
  15. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Follow up: We took the boys on Spring Break, the Front and Rear cup holders were an absolute hit on our trip. Plus, the boys could charge their electronics in the back seat. Well worth the expense and frustration of where to put 4 beverages in this car. When we stopped at Superchargers, everyone had to take a look. I know the new cars have the rear cup holders now, but we did not want to upgrade at this time. Our car is just a year old. Great solution for those who have pre-rear cup holder models. I have to say Customer service was excellent also. We actually got an email making sure we were satisfied and asking how our trip was. That does not happen much today.

• Informative x 2
  16. DA808EV

DA808EV Member

I was thinking of buying the Evannex center console but might be going this route instead. Looks good and it's much cheaper.

• Like x 2
  17. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

My friend has an Evannex, it is huge! And only hold one beverage unless you want to lose your storage. This one is so much nicer, but that is my opinion.