Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer service campaign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to wait to post something about this until I could talk to my local service manager, but someone posted about it on the TM board, so I figured I would post here. I got a call yesterday (Saturday) from my service center. The woman told me they need to make some adjustments to my car "for the summer, so that it can perform better." I could bring it in, or they would send someone to me, and they wanted to do it on April 3 or April 4. I asked her what they were going to do and she said "adjust the AC VC". That didn't make any sense to me so I asked her to repeat it, and she said "AC VC" 3 times. I asked her if they were calling everybody about this and she replied yes. I called some of my local friends and nobody else had gotten the call, so I was confused. The person who posted to the TM board is also in Florida.

I'll follow-up tomorrow after I speak with an actual service adviser.

Maybe it means the Air Conditioning Variable Controller, i.e. the variable frequency drive for the AC motor that turns that AC compressor. That is my guess. Most EVs have an electrically driven AC compressor that is driven from an AC (alternating current) 3 phase motor that is driven by a VFD (variable frequency drive) inverter from the traction pack (400 Volts).

Maybe it means the Air Conditioning Variable Controller, i.e. the variable frequency drive for the AC motor that turns that AC compressor. That is my guess. Most EVs have an electrically driven AC compressor that is driven from an AC (alternating current) 3 phase motor that is driven by a VFD (variable frequency drive) inverter from the traction pack (400 Volts).

Could be! Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow. If they are looking at our data here in Florida, it makes sense that they are in a rush:

Screenshot_2013-03-23-15-51-33.png

We've had a couple of warm days here already - and I've had several times when the AC blower would cycle from full blast to complete stop. When I mentioned that to the local Service Center, the response was that it might be a voltage problem. Not sure if this is related to this service call...