Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several people here have tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S and are quite happy with it. It isn't a full performance summer tire, it's an ultra high-performance all-season. Note that the model is the 3 plus, not just the 3. A couple people have tried the plain 3 and were not happy with it.

I and others have used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, they're incredible tires. However, they are not available in the 245/45/R19. Mine are 255/40R20, they are also available in 245/40R20. The Pilot Sport 4 is also available in these sizes.

If you really want a max performance summer tire in a 19, see if you can get a hold of some Continental ExtremeContact DW's. They're no longer in production so they're hard to find, but they're great tires and available in 245/45R19.

You can also look at the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, it's also very highly rated, and available in 245/45R19.

Reactions: Meng
Several people here have tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S and are quite happy with it. It isn't a full performance summer tire, it's an ultra high-performance all-season. Note that the model is the 3 plus, not just the 3. A couple people have tried the plain 3 and were not happy with it.

I and others have used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, they're incredible tires. However, they are not available in the 245/45/R19. Mine are 255/40R20, they are also available in 245/40R20. The Pilot Sport 4 is also available in these sizes.

If you really want a max performance summer tire in a 19, see if you can get a hold of some Continental ExtremeContact DW's. They're no longer in production so they're hard to find, but they're great tires and available in 245/45R19.

You can also look at the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, it's also very highly rated, and available in 245/45R19.

Thanks for taking the time. That was a very helpful response. What rims did you use with the PSS 255/40R20?

Thanks for taking the time. That was a very helpful response. What rims did you use with the PSS 255/40R20?

I'm using the T-Sportline 20x9 turbine-style wheels. They look exactly like the Tesla turbine wheels, but are 20" vice 21".

Be aware that on 20" rims the 255/40R20 wheels will rub the wheel wells in the front when traveling in reverse and turning the steering wheel more than about 1/2 turn. It doesn't cause problems, but does make noise. If this is bothersome, use the 245/40R20.

I'm using the T-Sportline 20x9 turbine-style wheels. They look exactly like the Tesla turbine wheels, but are 20" vice 21".

Be aware that on 20" rims the 255/40R20 wheels will rub the wheel wells in the front when traveling in reverse and turning the steering wheel more than about 1/2 turn. It doesn't cause problems, but does make noise. If this is bothersome, use the 245/40R20.

Do you think that's the best compromise in looks and durability with the 20's?

Thanks everyone. I was very tempted to go with 20in rims but in the end decided to keep my 19in OE wheels and upgrade to Michelin Pilot Sports 3 A/S due to the range of temperatures in Northern California. No perceptible difference in road noise and so far enjoying better grip. Maybe one day I'll get a separate set of summer (only) wheels (20in) with Michelin Pilot Sports 4S.