Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer tires soon? (Someone had to ask first.. lol)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know its early March and yes I know there will still be another dump of snow. But I really really really want to put my summer 21's, lowering links, and spacers back on my car!! I also picked up the Maxton front lip for my car too so I feel like a kid waiting for xmas to come.

It looks like spring next week in Toronto!

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.48.49 AM.png
IMG_5349.jpeg

I hear ya! I am itching to put my new summer rims/tires on the car. I can’t wait for warm weather again.

Just picked up my OEM 19s wrapped in PS4S tires from Union Rim this week after getting them powdercoated. Got them done in 80% Matte/20% Gloss Black.

I really hope it’ll be good enough in April to swap my wheels.

View attachment 642391
Awesome color choice! Looking forward to seeing them on your car and how they flow with the paint color!

• Love
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
These ones!! The prices are USD so its not cheep but the quality is outstanding (you dont want to cheep out on these).

Dont forget. I also used BLOX lowering links to get the car to sit lower as well to make it look that way.

View attachment 642364 View attachment 642363
You don't rub the fender with at all with the spacers? I used to rub with 20's on my last car (and that was without spacers) and I absolutely hated it. I had to go very slow over rough road/bumps etc and it annoyed the heck out of me - just for the looks.

I hear ya! I am itching to put my new summer rims/tires on the car. I can’t wait for warm weather again.

Just picked up my OEM 19s wrapped in PS4S tires from Union Rim this week after getting them powdercoated. Got them done in 80% Matte/20% Gloss Black.

I really hope it’ll be good enough in April to swap my wheels.

View attachment 642391

Awesome!! I did 50% matte 50% gloss knowing that I would get them ceramic coated which increases the gloss. So happy with the way it turns out.

You don't rub the fender with at all with the spacers? I used to rub with 20's on my last car (and that was without spacers) and I absolutely hated it. I had to go very slow over rough road/bumps etc and it annoyed the heck out of me - just for the looks.

The only time they rub is in the front when in reverse with the wheel turned all the way. It rubs on the front plastic fins in the front of the wheel well. I took a wire wheel to shave the non-functional fins down a few mm's to eliminate the rub. Even when I have it really low with the lowering links it doesn't touch the fenders or any other part of the car. You cant go less than 20mm as the factory studs will hit the wheels.

I'm debating ceramic coating mine before putting them on. Did you find it helpful in the long run?

I was not expecting them to come out with a bit more gloss so that was a nice surprise. I also feel like I can clean them easier with the limited brake dust that our cars produce. Since yours are close to gloss already I wouldn't go through too much effort or cost to do it TBH. If you are already planning on getting the car done I would get them to do the wheels as well.

• Informative