Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer tires soon? (Someone had to ask first.. lol)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was not expecting them to come out with a bit more gloss so that was a nice surprise. I also feel like I can clean them easier with the limited brake dust that our cars produce. Since yours are close to gloss already I wouldn't go through too much effort or cost to do it TBH. If you are already planning on getting the car done I would get them to do the wheels as well.
Thanks for the info. I was probably going to do it myself since the wheels are fresh. I had the car done shortly after I bought it along with PPF.

Finally got a moment today to ceramic coat my new wheels. Can't wait to swap them on in the next day or two. Everyone else get their wheels on?

53DFCF44-814B-40B0-8D14-CD13AB16DB41.jpeg

@Tony_YYZ Wheels are looking very sharp!!

Got mine on two weeks ago!!

Model X slipstreams in staggered fitment (for the summer).

I bought these used and got them re-finished - powder coated gloss gunmetal.

Specs of tires and wheels
  • Model X 20 inch wheels
  • Bolt pattern: 5x120
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Front wheels: 20 x 9.0 +35 mm offset.
  • Rear wheels: 20 x 9.5 +35mm offset.

Tires - Falken Azenis FK510
  • Front: 255/35/20
  • Rear: 285/30/20

Quick thoughts -
  • There's no rubbing at all - I keep the car in the "Low" suspension setting
  • I feel the car "looks' higher simply because the wheel/tire combo now comes out to the outer edge of the fenders and the gap between the top of the tire and the fender is more noticeable compared to the OEM 19's that was inset and was not that noticeable.
  • I don't plan on lowering the car using the popular Blox lowering links simply because that means I would need to remove the links come winter or if the car has to go in for warranty work. The car is still under warranty. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
  • There is a tad more noise with these tires - I think it's simply because they are brand new and that will get less after a bit of use
  • I have noticed any degradation in range - haven't driven it enough yet.

Some before and after shots compared to the OEM 19 inch slipstreams with 245/45/19 on all four wheels.
NewWheels16a.jpg
NewWheels13a.jpg
NewWheels8a.jpg

@Tony_YYZ Wheels are looking very sharp!!

Got mine on two weeks ago!!

Model X slipstreams in staggered fitment (for the summer).

I bought these used and got them re-finished - powder coated gloss gunmetal.

Specs of tires and wheels
  • Model X 20 inch wheels
  • Bolt pattern: 5x120
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Front wheels: 20 x 9.0 +35 mm offset.
  • Rear wheels: 20 x 9.5 +35mm offset.

Tires - Falken Azenis FK510
  • Front: 255/35/20
  • Rear: 285/30/20

Quick thoughts -
  • There's no rubbing at all - I keep the car in the "Low" suspension setting
  • I feel the car "looks' higher simply because the wheel/tire combo now comes out to the outer edge of the fenders and the gap between the top of the tire and the fender is more noticeable compared to the OEM 19's that was inset and was not that noticeable.
  • I don't plan on lowering the car using the popular Blox lowering links simply because that means I would need to remove the links come winter or if the car has to go in for warranty work. The car is still under warranty. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
  • There is a tad more noise with these tires - I think it's simply because they are brand new and that will get less after a bit of use
  • I have noticed any degradation in range - haven't driven it enough yet.

Some before and after shots compared to the OEM 19 inch slipstreams with 245/45/19 on all four wheels.View attachment 652693View attachment 652694View attachment 652695
Thank you!

This might be the first time I've seen Model X wheels on a Model S. It looks great! I'm loving that thicccc tire on the rear. I'm really liking the look. Goes great with the silver paint.

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS