Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow. Are most summer tires that bad tread wise? Even in AZ with ez brake/acceleration?
I hope not. We just put a set of Continental tires on. The Pirelli tires delivered with the vehicle in February (Tesla's choice) were not rated for winter (under 8C) driving and Tesla pushes responsibility for any issues to the manufacturer. The car's been mostly a good experience but high performance tires have been a sore point for many, from what I've been reading. Customer care for tesla seems an afterthought and because it's handled electronically through the app there's no person/relationship moving forward. Another sore point in the Tesla ownership experience.

Have a 2021 Y Performance model. My rear summers wore out in 6000 km. Pirelli P Zero.

What are others using for summer tires on their Y Performance? Similar issues?
Any picture with the depth gauge on the tires?
High performance tires wear out quicker than A/S because it is designed that way to provide maximum traction, not max mileage. How you drive is also big factor.

Reactions: laservet
Any picture with the depth gauge on the tires?
High performance tires wear out quicker than A/S because it is designed that way to provide maximum traction, not max mileage. How you drive is also big factor.

given OP's name and also the fact it's MYP and summer tires...

Helped settle my debate to get summer tires in PHX (hot and hotter here only two seasons and 30 days of rain..)