TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Summon: am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Anzir, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

So I have been able to successfully summon my X using my app. But all the YouTube videos show that if you hold the lock button on the fob for 5-7 seconds it should activate it as well. That doesn't work for me. Is there some special method? I am usually the same distance from the car with the fob as I am when it worked with the app.

2. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
  3. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

I checked this morning Summon was on and the customize button is grayed out for me. Maybe that's because the car was in motion when I checked. I will look again this afternoon.

4. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

In order to use summon with the key fob, you must have "continuous hold" turned off in the settings menu. Then you hold the center of the fob until the lights blink several times, then press 'frunk' for forward and 'trunk' for reverse.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

That's what it was. I just changed the setting and it's good to go. Thanks!

• Like x 1
  6. TroyOrPhyllis

TroyOrPhyllis New Member

We just got an X 100D, but I’m unsure if it can do Summon. Doesn’t seem to be mention in the onscreen user manual. Is that something all can do, or is it something you must add-on when ordering?

7. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

You have to have autopilot activated. If you do, it is under "Controls" and then "Settings" under Driver Assistance

• Like x 2
  8. TroyOrPhyllis

TroyOrPhyllis New Member

Thanks, Anzir. I think we do not have that option. It looks like could upgrade for $6000.

• Like x 1