Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon anyone? 2018.24.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don't have this update, anyone else in the same boat?

Most of us are still on 2018.21.9, myself included. The 2018.24.1 update has seen wide deployment to the S and X when you check sources like TeslaFi but only a handful of 3 owners have received the latest update. I’m hoping for a wider deployment to the Model 3 fleet this week.

Today, .26 is supposed to start rolling out and I'm still waiting for .24 :(

Source?

What does .26 have?

You can always skip .24 and straight to .26 right?

Yes, updates are cumulative, not incremental. You Model 3 could be on a version from months ago and have the latest version installed directly. No need to install all of the updates in between.

But it’s frustrating that so many miss the in between updates. I think the roll outs of updates should go at a pace to get every car every update.

-Randy
Do you really want the updates that are stopped because of a problem? Or the ones intended to fix a problem your car doesn’t have? Or those meant for a different hardware configuration? (more of an issue for Model S and X). If you don’t get an update, there’s usually a reason for it.

Reactions: emorog
I’m really interested where this rumor of 2018.26 came from. I’ve seen no mention of it anywhere but in this thread.

Anyway, it’s becoming very clear that 2018.24.1 is now going to see wide release to the Model 3. In fact just a short while ago a Model 3 on TeslaFi showed being downgraded from 2018.24.1 back to 2018.21.9. There’s gotta be a significant issue with this version. I’m still hoping for some sort of update soon.

I’m really interested where this rumor of 2018.26 came from. I’ve seen no mention of it anywhere but in this thread.

Anyway, it’s becoming very clear that 2018.24.1 is now going to see wide release to the Model 3. In fact just a short while ago a Model 3 on TeslaFi showed being downgraded from 2018.24.1 back to 2018.21.9. There’s gotta be a significant issue with this version. I’m still hoping for some sort of update soon.

It's not a rumour. Look at the firmware release statistics. Count weeks and every Thursday after even number week close, there is a model S/X updates. There are exceptions of course such as holidays and when *sugar* his the fan and when there are weird beta type updates with odd numbers. So instead of thinking rumour, think wishful thinking they aren't missing a release due to 4th of July holiday.

I'm one of the few (un?)lucky ones with 24.1 on my Model 3.

In general, major features are all working with this version. Summon works, WiFi works, AP is working as good as previous versions. There's minor bugs that have been there for the last several versions that still aren't fixed, but that never stopped the releases before.

The one major thing that I think is a pretty big problem is the new TACC behavior for exit ramps. This has caused several problems for me. The designed behavior is that when the car senses that you're taking an exit ramp while on TACC, the TACC set speed is progressively lowered automatically to slow you down for the exit ramp. I've seen this work OK on interchange ramps, although sometimes it doesn't return to the original set speed. But the real problem is that we have a major freeway here in Houston that is under heavy construction (Northwest Freeway / US 290). Lanes are diverted differently every weekend to make room for the construction. AutoSteer is not appropriate for this freeway, with the narrow lanes and botts dots lane markers, but I use TACC on it. However, I have several times seen this new feature behave very unexpectedly -- for example, I'll be in the right lane with TACC at 65, but the diversion due to the construction has moved the main lanes over to where an exit ramp used to be. The car now begins slowing all of a sudden because it thinks I'm taking a non-existent exit ramp. This is dangerous and needs to be fixed.

I have briefly used AutoSteer on this freeway just to see how the lane recognition reacts to the botts dots lane markers and discovered another issue. Due to the diversions, the car will sometimes think you are no longer on the main lanes of the freeway, but are instead on the service road. Since the service road is undivided, you immediately get "Autosteer limited to 50 MPH on this road", and an immediate slowdown. Combine this with the TACC problem above, and you can't maintain speed with the car using any of the driver aids.

Contemplating how Tesla is going to make FSD work on roads like this seems like a pipe dream at this point.

I'm one of the few (un?)lucky ones with 24.1 on my Model 3.

In general, major features are all working with this version. Summon works, WiFi works, AP is working as good as previous versions. There's minor bugs that have been there for the last several versions that still aren't fixed, but that never stopped the releases before.

The one major thing that I think is a pretty big problem is the new TACC behavior for exit ramps. This has caused several problems for me. The designed behavior is that when the car senses that you're taking an exit ramp while on TACC, the TACC set speed is progressively lowered automatically to slow you down for the exit ramp. I've seen this work OK on interchange ramps, although sometimes it doesn't return to the original set speed. But the real problem is that we have a major freeway here in Houston that is under heavy construction (Northwest Freeway / US 290). Lanes are diverted differently every weekend to make room for the construction. AutoSteer is not appropriate for this freeway, with the narrow lanes and botts dots lane markers, but I use TACC on it. However, I have several times seen this new feature behave very unexpectedly -- for example, I'll be in the right lane with TACC at 65, but the diversion due to the construction has moved the main lanes over to where an exit ramp used to be. The car now begins slowing all of a sudden because it thinks I'm taking a non-existent exit ramp. This is dangerous and needs to be fixed.

I have briefly used AutoSteer on this freeway just to see how the lane recognition reacts to the botts dots lane markers and discovered another issue. Due to the diversions, the car will sometimes think you are no longer on the main lanes of the freeway, but are instead on the service road. Since the service road is undivided, you immediately get "Autosteer limited to 50 MPH on this road", and an immediate slowdown. Combine this with the TACC problem above, and you can't maintain speed with the car using any of the driver aids.

Contemplating how Tesla is going to make FSD work on roads like this seems like a pipe dream at this point.
21.9 should behave on exit ramps the same way.