Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon before exiting vehicle doesn't work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
just got my new Model 3 two days ago, and I am having problems to have the "summon before exiting vehicle" feature to work. Summon works perfectly if I control it from my phone, but if I want it to start before exiting the vehicle by double-pushing the button on the right lever, nothing happens and the summon direction pop-up doesn't appear on the screen for me to chose the direction of the summon.

Anyone having the same issue? Does it work for you?

I have the latest software installed and I do have that option described in the manual on my Model 3.

Thanks.

This is how Model S/X works. I tried it on our newly delivered Model 3DP and it didn't work either. Which sucks because our wifi and lte aren't great at our garage and it kept losing connection and stoped. I had to park it manually. (The humanity! - lol)

Did it work for you before an update? Or does Model 3 not have this feature?

This is how Model S/X works. I tried it on our newly delivered Model 3DP and it didn't work either. Which sucks because our wifi and lte aren't great at our garage and it kept losing connection and stoped. I had to park it manually. (The humanity! - lol)

Did it work for you before an update? Or does Model 3 not have this feature?
The Model 3 does not have this feature. Wish it did.

Right now you can't even control summon using the key fob but that will be added in a future update.

Well, then Tesla has pranked us including these instructions inside their Model 3 manual:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Your thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will