Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Connection Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model s for a couple weeks now and the summon feature from the tesla app worked well. for the past several days, the app cannot connect to the car for summon. all other features controlling the car from the app work fine, just summon cannot connect. any one else having this issue? any fixes?

I've tried signing out, reinstalling the app, etc. but no luck.

image attached of the issue i keep getting!

apologies if this is a thread somewhere- couldn't find it!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 94
I have found that summon will not always activate if the car has been parked for a few hours before trying to activate. I haven't been able to narrow it down better than that. This is using both the app and the fob. When this happens I find that getting in the car, starting it, and moving it just a little bit fixes the problem. I then get out of the car and the fob will function just fine to summon the car.

This behavior is most noticeable at home, where I just park in the driveway all day, since I never know if I will need to go out again. Then in the evening I go out to pull the car into the garage using summon, and about 25% of the time this happens where the summon is completely unresponsive.

i have yet to be successful in summon with the fob. not sure why, but am still trying to figure that out!

You have to enable fob operation again (accept a warning) in the summon customization screen to use the fob. This is the sam screen where you set the default feet/distance to move, etc. After that you just hold the middle fob (roof button) down hard for couple seconds and hazzards will start blinking. After that you push the front or back button to signal which direction you want to summon the car.