Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon: Connection Weirdness?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer: I know summon is in beta, so let’s avoid the “it’s in beta” responses please :)

I’ve noticed on multiple occasions that the summon feature will work the first few times with the app, but after those few times (~1-5), the app will randomly stop being able to connect to the car, no matter how close I get. When I delete the app entirely and redownload it, summon will suddenly work again. This seems to be unrelated to whether I’m connected to my home’s WiFi or 4G. I know that both my WiFi and 4G networks just so happen to both be pretty spotty right around my garage (unfortunately), but I don’t think this is the problem because again, redownloading seems to temporarily fix it again.

Anyone else experiencing this fairly frequently? Just want to know if this is common or not.

Disclaimer: I know summon is in beta, so let’s avoid the “it’s in beta” responses please :)

I’ve noticed on multiple occasions that the summon feature will work the first few times with the app, but after those few times (~1-5), the app will randomly stop being able to connect to the car, no matter how close I get. When I delete the app entirely and redownload it, summon will suddenly work again. This seems to be unrelated to whether I’m connected to my home’s WiFi or 4G. I know that both my WiFi and 4G networks just so happen to both be pretty spotty right around my garage (unfortunately), but I don’t think this is the problem because again, redownloading seems to temporarily fix it again.

Anyone else experiencing this fairly frequently? Just want to know if this is common or not.
Yes, SC even updated firmware and it functions a little better on 26.3 but still get too far away errors. SC didn’t have a known solution. Hopefully our big September update will address this.