TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Summon: Connection Weirdness?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by vikefan, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vikefan

vikefan Member

Disclaimer: I know summon is in beta, so let’s avoid the “it’s in beta” responses please :)

I’ve noticed on multiple occasions that the summon feature will work the first few times with the app, but after those few times (~1-5), the app will randomly stop being able to connect to the car, no matter how close I get. When I delete the app entirely and redownload it, summon will suddenly work again. This seems to be unrelated to whether I’m connected to my home’s WiFi or 4G. I know that both my WiFi and 4G networks just so happen to both be pretty spotty right around my garage (unfortunately), but I don’t think this is the problem because again, redownloading seems to temporarily fix it again.

Anyone else experiencing this fairly frequently? Just want to know if this is common or not.

2. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Seeing same exact thing.

RT

3. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

4. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

Me too. Logging off, then on works also, and sometimes just selecting another option (climate, etc.) works some times.

5. Dana1

Dana1 Member

Yes, SC even updated firmware and it functions a little better on 26.3 but still get too far away errors. SC didn’t have a known solution. Hopefully our big September update will address this.

6. forkee

forkee Member

Simmon still sucks on fw 32.2 lol

7. svasilion

svasilion New Member

Same here. Sometimes clearing app and restarting will help.