TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Summon differences in Canada (is now available)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mrElbe, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Yep, got dual chargers. Could be it. Hoping to be surprised by an upgrade notification in the car when I get home in a few days.

2. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

#62 f-stop, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    I received the 7.1 (2.12.126) update early a.m. on Mar 1st and can confirm it includes Summon for Canada

edit: finally gave Summon a try this am - I also confirm you can only summon via the mobile app, but not by using the key fob press or double-tapping the Park button

• Like x 1
  3. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Mine is equipped with dual charger... and I have Summon.

edit : and no charging problems at >10 KW

4. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Here's hoping it's an app notification glitch and there will be an app upgrade waiting for me when I get home from my trip.

5. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

#65 steilkurve, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Just back from my trip abroad and sadly, no software update waiting for me in my P85D. Still at 2.11.54 and thus, no summon. Anyone else in Canada hasn't been updated yet?

6. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I got Summon a few days ago. Kinda cool but more of a novelty because it's not like I need to use it every day.

7. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Happy to hear you got it, though it is making me feel even more lonely in the 'no update corner' over here. ;-)

I do see a practical use for it in my case. I park at work in a very tight spot between a cement wall and a column with limited visibility as to incoming cars when trying to exit the spot. Not having to open the door in this constrained space would be nice, as would be summoning the car out of the spot while being able to clearly see that no vehicle is coming.

Fingers crossed that I'll see an update notification soon. If anyone else is still waiting for the update in Canada, please pipe in so I know I'm not alone. ;-)

8. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

According to the Firmware Update Tracker the pipe slowed to a few drops since Friday.

9. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

True that but could it not be because it's reached the bulk of eligible cars?

10. SkiD

SkiD Member

Still on 2.9.154, usually get updates a lot quicker.
    Was having some WiFi reception issues, so installed a router inside garage.

11. sagaboy

sagaboy Member

I also got dual chargers and I was able to get the update on friday.

12. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Tried Summons in my driveway today. Not ready for prime time. Half way down the driveway the switch from WiFi to LTE occurred and connectivity was lost. Screen re-booted and then constant beep tone until I rebooted again. I then tried it while sitting in the car and it worked BUT I could have done it manually without the App on the phone.

13. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Interesting. Haven't received the summon update yet but the switch from WiFi to LTE wouldn't be an issue for me because I still get WiFi driving off in the actual street. And at work, there's strong LTE signal, even in the underground garage. These would be the two places I'd use it regularly.

I guess one option for you would be a stronger WiFi router (or placing it closer to your garage).

14. m1ker

m1ker Member

15. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Good video.

Funny. I was at Disney World while you were at Disneyland. Difference is, I did not come back to an update. Can't wait to get it. Looks really cool.

16. tesltoronto

tesltoronto Member

I have the same problem of LTE changing over to Wifi and hence summon stopping half way through the garage. Also, it looks like summon looks for the key fob to be in the car's vicinity - kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Anyone know about autopark in Canada? I have been going slow at parking spots but it does not seem to recognize empty parking spots.

17. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

I've used it several times. It only works when the parking space is between 2 cars (or a car and a column). Pretty useless in my case since I like parking in the no mans land part of the lot.

18. tsarlsy

tsarlsy Member

What's the latest scoop on Summon in Canada? Will it eventually work like in the US - in the near future? I'd imagine double clicking the stalk button to engage summon and park into the garage would be a practical everyday use case.

19. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Reservations at Restaurant at Universe end

Close to where SpaceXploration begins: 32952
    Code hasn't been translated to Canadian? ;-)

• Funny x 1
  20. TytanX

TytanX Member

Hopefully soon. Operating from app is often too laggy and not practical. You certainly can't rely on it.
    Setting on the stock would be convenient too.