Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon disconnecting all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a Model S 2020 LR, in Italy. Firmware 2021.4.12.We received e free EAP upgrade until end of March, so I am trying to see if its worth it.

Summon so far is disappointing, it does disconnect frequently from my Galaxy Z Fold2 with latest firmware (I guess Android 10).

Are you experiencing the same? Any solutions?

Reactions: beachmiles
Same problem for me. I have a router in the garage so it gets great signal, but every time I try to summon it out I get "Connection interrupted." Rebooting, re-adding/pairing, disabling contact syncing, taking all USB devices out doesn't fix the problem.

I have the same exact issue when getting my car out of garage. Never works via cell phone. Always disconnects. So I gave up. I use my key fob to summon it out and it works fine with key fob. The phone never gives me issues when I am in open and not connected to WiFi. I have low LTE signal inside garage. Only 1bar.
I suspect it only works on good LTE signal.

I have the same exact issue when getting my car out of garage. Never works via cell phone. Always disconnects. So I gave up. I use my key fob to summon it out and it works fine with key fob. The phone never gives me issues when I am in open and not connected to WiFi. I have low LTE signal inside garage. Only 1bar.
I didn’t know keyfob can control Summon. I will have to try that next time.

I didn't know it worked with key fob... How just keeping pressed the back or front? Without opening the app?

I didn't know it worked with key fob... How just keeping pressed the back or front? Without opening the app?
I haven’t done it for a few months but I’m pretty sure you hold down the lock/unlock button for about two seconds (until the lights flash) then you press the trunk button to move backward or the frunk button to move forward. It then continues to move until you push the button again to stop it.

According to the manual, using the key fob for Summon is only supported in the US. To use it, you need to change the Controls > Autopilot > Summon > Require Continuous Press to NO.

I hadn’t heard that Summon from the app is now using Bluetooth. Can someone provide a source for info?

I haven’t done it for a few months but I’m pretty sure you hold down the lock/unlock button for about two seconds (until the lights flash) then you press the trunk button to move backward or the frunk button to move forward. It then continues to move until you push the button again to stop it.
Tried it's not working. I press the center button of the key fob, keep it pressed, nothing happens. When then I long press the back button the charge port opens

Summon with Key Fob (2019.7.

To initiate Summon, stand within 10 feet (3 meters) of the parked car and press and hod the top center button on the key fob until the hazard lights blink continuously. Press the front or rear trunk button on the key fob to move the car forward and reverse respec

Summon with Key Fob (2019.7.

To initiate Summon, stand within 10 feet (3 meters) of the parked car and press and hod the top center button on the key fob until the hazard lights blink continuously. Press the front or rear trunk button on the key fob to move the car forward and reverse respec
Wasn't clear from my message? I did as you say. Lights does not blink

And now exactly do you make sure you connected to Bluetooth and not WiFi?
You need to set BT on your car to recognise your phone and also turn it on your phone. Step close to your car and open your app, select Summon and start to use.
Now this difference is in your location, I believe it’s not allowed to summon your car in EU if you are not in the vicinity of it so Tesla have different fobs per continent. Mine does not allow summon by fob.

Wasn't clear from my message? I did as you say. Lights does not blink
When I use the key fob to back my Model S out of my garage I first press the middle button once to lock the car, THEN I press & hold the middle button until the tail lights start blinking. Then I press the trunk button to start the car to back up. Just pressing & holding the middle button didn't always work for me.

When I use the key fob to back my Model S out of my garage I first press the middle button once to lock the car, THEN I press & hold the middle button until the tail lights start blinking. Then I press the trunk button to start the car to back up. Just pressing & holding the middle button didn't always work for me.
well is never working for me. I will try again.

I am in Italy, which is Europe, perhaps we have different programming here?

You need to set BT on your car to recognise your phone and also turn it on your phone. Step close to your car and open your app, select Summon and start to use.
Now this difference is in your location, I believe it’s not allowed to summon your car in EU if you are not in the vicinity of it so Tesla have different fobs per continent. Mine does not allow summon by fob.
Are you in the EU?