Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon doesn’t like lip on garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My Y with summon most of the times stops when the rear wheels hit the lip on the garage...

Sometimes it gets it over it but most of the times it doesn’t..

Any way to adjust that threshold that its using? It’s probably like 3/4 of an inch lip...

Otherwise it does pretty good once it gets over the lip... front wheels are fine.

Y with PUP

I measured mine and it’s 1.5 inches

I’m trying to find sone kind of ramp

Extra leading run up doesn’t make a difference as the front wheels cause the car to lose any momentum and then the rears are a problem.they need to bump the power a bit higher

I guess you're just special. Works fine for me if I give the car a chance to.

It has to do with the slope and the lip heigth. It's in the manual (pg 105). If you aren't traveling fast enough, then the car will stall out before forward momentum can reduce the angle again. I've defeated that by traveling faster when the wheels make contact.

Last edited:
My garage also has a lip and 50% of the time I have to initiate going forward more then once before it completes the summon. 6 months ago it use to work on the first try 90+% of the time. No reason I can see that explains why it's gotten worse over time.

I measured mine and it’s 1.5 inches. I’m trying to find some kind of ramp.

Extra leading run up doesn’t make a difference as the front wheels cause the car to lose any momentum
and then the rears are a problem. They need to bump the power a bit higher
I wonder if this Garage Door Threshold would help:

bfc207f3-9066-4b5f-ae93-4c2ff288dea7_1.c3ff06dab736ebfa9006dd27cfa23a1c.jpeg