Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

summon feature not working on occasion - can't connect to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like any new model3 owner, despite my best intentions I just can't help showing off some of the fun features of the car to curious friends etc. One good showpiece is the summon feature even if it's not that useful right now. unfortunately though I find that much of the time (usually when I am trying to show someone else) it won't connect to the car or just won't work. Most of the time is just says failed to connect. Of course as soon as I am home, on my own then it works just fine (or as good as it can which is not great at this point).

I have had the same experience. Do you have it connected to your home WiFi? I do and I think that is why it works better at home. Using cell data out and about is slower and spotty. I think it times out and you have to more or less start over. I could be wrong, but Bluetooth is not used for this, is it?

Not model 3 but my model X have been having trouble too.

+ Can't use phone summon most of the time since v9 update.
+ Keyfob: The car blinked to receive the forward/reserve order, but it didn't response to the button click.
+ Keyfob: Hold top button for 5 seconds didn't bring the summon work.

Probably something wrong when the car goes asleep at night.