Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon in and out of garage on an angle with 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "angle" issue is the steepness of the driveway, from what I have seen, not whether your driveway is "angled" relative to your garage. I agree with @cgiGuy.

It won't work backing into my garage as the driveway is too steep. It works fine coming out of the garage, as long as I manually stop it before it reaches the street. :smile:

I had an odd experience with my Model S backing up in my driveway. There were cars parked on the right side of the driveway and a retaining wall, which has a graduating height from 4 inches at the street to about 2 feet at the garage. The summon park feature works well here in concept as I can open the door fully at the beginning of the driveway, exit the car and have it back up to the higher part of the retaining wall, where I have to be very careful not to hit it when opening the door. Did it a couple of times and it worked great. Then I had backed up and had the car was on a slight angle. Once I engaged the summon mode, the car backed up, correcting steering moving the car to the right (towards the parked cars) then to the left (towards the retaining wall). This last corrective steer put the car at an extreme angle for the space and it was moving in reverse with the left rear corner just about to hit the retaining wall at the 2 foot level. I had to stop the car myself or I do think it would of drove into the wall. So, what I found was that I have to set up the car making sure that it is straight in the driveway. Does the summon have a problem with angles?