Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really a source of great joy to me.... I think we should crack open the champagne!

Here's to Tesla!!!

I am soo pleased.

After all the negative comments that we were so quick to post when we were deprived this feature, you really have to hand it to Tesla... They seem to be battling not just at the forefront of technology but also at the forefront of legislation. From their ability to sell cars directly to US citizens to autonomous driving in Australia. So there you have it. Seems the Aussie powers that be didn't like the summons from the key fob. So Tesla rejigged it to summon from the app... And just for the Aussies! Now that is really something special. Well done Heath Walker and the whole Tesla Aussie establishment... I will sleep really well tonight!

It looks like Summon is rolling out in Europe as well.

I was so happy when I found this post last night. Cannot wait to receive it and try it out!

Does anyone know if it is actually "illegal" to use it on public property and could you see the police giving you a fine if you were autonomously pulling your car out of a parking lot and they happened to be standing there? :redface:

Sorry, I don't really have anywhere suitable to test that out.

This is one my daughter took for her kid channel. It's really awesome. Gone are the days where I get in, roll forward, get out, open boot, put stuff in, then head off.

Instead I can summon it in and out. It parks a perfect 50cm from my rear wall (as requested), better than I can and enough room to easily access my basement door.

Very excited. I hope they relax a few of the restrictions, but this is a great, practical start.

Tesla Model S Summon in Australia - YouTube

I attempt to resist door dings wherever possible....personally I would want to have the car much closer to the column on the drives side.....no to close that the car on the other side would become an issue but much closer that putting the car dead centre.

Good job and thanks on the video though.

Any chance you can set the side to narrow/tight and see if it parks closer to the column on the drivers side?

-ECIT

This is one my daughter took for her kid channel. It's really awesome. Gone are the days where I get in, roll forward, get out, open boot, put stuff in, then head off.

Instead I can summon it in and out. It parks a perfect 50cm from my rear wall (as requested), better than I can and enough room to easily access my basement door.

Very excited. I hope they relax a few of the restrictions, but this is a great, practical start.

Tesla Model S Summon in Australia - YouTube

I thought I recognized the carpark. Pepper blue?

I was so happy when I found this post last night. Cannot wait to receive it and try it out!

Does anyone know if it is actually "illegal" to use it on public property and could you see the police giving you a fine if you were autonomously pulling your car out of a parking lot and they happened to be standing there? :redface:
Most carparks are private property. Streetside parking is generally public property. Even then they have to find something to fine you for, and if you arent being reckless, are showing due care, and its not dangerous, then I don't know what they will ping you for.

7 news just tweeted:

7BJl_z_L_normal.jpg
7 News Sydney (@7NewsSydney)
29/02/2016, 20:15
It's not often a new car comes with a valet service but Tesla has rolled out their 'summon' feature in Australia. snpy.tv/1KXaQBU

Don't get me started on Homelink. It is still under active review for us I believe, but I have heard nothing about it for a month. Also, 3 phase wall connectors are due this month. Only a year late! Not that I have any update here either. Just what I was told. But then, I was told February as well!!??

Don't get me started on Homelink. It is still under active review for us I believe, but I have heard nothing about it for a month. Also, 3 phase wall connectors are due this month. Only a year late! Not that I have any update here either. Just what I was told. But then, I was told February as well!!??

Two weeks ago I was told March/April for the 3 phase chargers. Apparently they prioritised China. So I would read that as late April if we are lucky.