Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon is coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is the whole issue is our immobilization regulations that a car must be immobilized when the key/fob is not present in the vehicle. Seems obvious that this regulation never considered remote operation of a vehicle. As long as the owner/operator has the key/vob they should be allowed control the car. Summon is never going to work right as long as the car is immobilized based on proximity to the key/vob.

This disables remote start for family members and friends. Canadian laws eh?

The summon on my model S works like garbage. I could care less about a summon update. Fails to connect 9 out of 10 times. They need a controller that connects VIA wifi to the vehicle. Using the cellphone is garbage. Maybe a key-fob will work better. Sounds like thats what they are heading towards. You can't use the key fob on the Model S. So I see this as useless for model S and X owners. Need to make a controller for the vehicle. Kind of like an RC controller or video game controller.

From my research its not because of Canadian Regulations. see my post:
Summon via Key Fob outside USA (in Canada)

But there is an new opportunity for Tesla to bring Summon via Key Fob outside of the USA (Canada, etc). On twitter Elon Musk ask for feedback on what features we'll like. For those who want Summon via Key Fob please use the link below and like the twitter post. The more likes, the more visibility I think. Note you don't have to have a twitter account to like, but to vote, yes.

KandK on Twitter