Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon is on the App!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release notes for the update say it has those features, but i can't find them in the app after upgrading it. Yes, my car has the 7.1 update already.
I've heard that the app functions are hidden until you are within a certain radius of your car. Get close to your car and then pull up the app and you should see the controls.

The homelink feature I'm particularly looking forward to, as i park in my brother's (detached) garage when we visit and have homelink setup to open it already. I always have to ask him to open the door when we need to get the car out, so it'd save that step.

The FOB has to be in proximity to the car. Then the buttons appear on the app.
1dedd9205f41d76c50204cb11c006784.jpg

3db39c4a7098f3f18df7739e13027a90.jpg

Summon notification settings show up in the iPhone app even if your Classic S can't do Summon.

Too bad the app doesn't talk to the car, say the first time the app gets updated, to figure out what car features should/shouldn't be shown to user in the app....

The FOB has to be in proximity to the car. Then the buttons appear on the app.

ok, I tried that, still no luck. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone, still nothing.

Then I realized you can't summon the car when its... plugged in. I unplugged it and success! I have the button.

Unfortunately, the homelink button is not accessible outside of the summon screen, so it still won't work for the one instance it would be very useful to me. Using homelink independently from summon would be nice...

ok, I tried that, still no luck. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone, still nothing.

Then I realized you can't summon the car when its... plugged in. I unplugged it and success! I have the button.

Unfortunately, the homelink button is not accessible outside of the summon screen, so it still won't work for the one instance it would be very useful to me. Using homelink independently from summon would be nice...

Ah, plugged in. I wonder how many other people will get bit by that one. We need the snake!

If you want to be able to open your garage from your phone, buy one of these:

Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener with Your Smartphone Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener with Your Smartphone - Garage Automation Products - Amazon.com

Ah, plugged in. I wonder how many other people will get bit by that one. We need the snake!

If you want to be able to open your garage from your phone, buy one of these:

Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener with Your Smartphone Chamberlain MYQ-G0201 MyQ-Garage Controls Your Garage Door Opener with Your Smartphone - Garage Automation Products - Amazon.com

It's not my garage door. Actually my brother already has remote access to his garage door via his home automation/security system. I don't want or need access to all that though, just want to get my car out occasionally.