Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon issue on Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a weird issue with Summon on my Tesla App.

The arrows to move the car forward/reverse are always "disabled" on the app and I can't use them:

1652211479568.png

The disabled Smart Summon button ("Cannot use in current location") is expected to be like that, but I've never seen anyone with an issue with the arrows being like that.

If I use the key fob, the car will go forward/reverse as expected, but I can never use the app for that.

Has anyone here ever seen something similar? I have tried everything I could think of.

More info:
- 2022 Model Y Performance
- Premium connectivity package
- Subscribed to Full Self Driving
- Car LTE connection has full bars and working
- Phone is synced as key to the car and work for everything else (sometimes I have issues watching the cameras on Sentry mode, but that might be expected on areas with poor network connection)
- I have tried reseting the car on the steering wheel
- I have tried logging out of the app and logging in again
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Tesla App

Dumb question: have you tried pressing and holding the button even though it looks greyed out?

I seem to remember the one time I tried it at work the buttons looked greyed out but I kept fiddling and it eventually worked/connected (or something like that.)

Dumb question: have you tried pressing and holding the button even though it looks greyed out?

I seem to remember the one time I tried it at work the buttons looked greyed out but I kept fiddling and it eventually worked/connected (or something like that.)
I have tried that. Sometimes it seems to work and the app shows the red “Stop” button when doing that, but the car is actually not moving.

Today I realized that my wife’s App will work perfectly with Summon, while mine won’t. Even while at the same location.

I have already tried uninstalling the app and repairing the app as key, and it doesn’t work. There seems to be something wrong with my account.

I’m not sure what can be done… maybe I need to transfer the car ownership to another account….

Weird bug.

Today I realized that my wife’s App will work perfectly with Summon, while mine won’t. Even while at the same location.

I have already tried uninstalling the app and repairing the app as key, and it doesn’t work. There seems to be something wrong with my account.

I’m not sure what can be done… maybe I need to transfer the car ownership to another account….

Weird bug.
Doesn’t sound like weird bug sounds like bad phone as your wife’s phone is fine. Looking at your image below the word summon it looks like the search wheel is searching IE not connecting. A guess, recent iPhone updates now for some reason constantly enable WiFi indoor or out. Try turning Off WiFi and see if it works.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 13. I discovered that when I clear memory, by half swiping and then swiping all the apps away, including the Tesla app, and then starting the Tesla app again, it works. But I don't know why I need to clear memory first.

I have the same problem with my iPhone 13. I discovered that when I clear memory, by half swiping and then swiping all the apps away, including the Tesla app, and then starting the Tesla app again, it works. But I don't know why I need to clear memory first.
I have a Model 3 Performance with FSD and the most current OS in my iPhone 13. I am not even trying to use smart summon, just the standard go forward button on my driveway, which should be identified as non-public. My experiences are varied. Some times, it works without needing to clear memory. Other times even clearing memory doesn't work and I have to reboot my iPhone before it works.

I'm having a weird issue with Summon on my Tesla App.

The arrows to move the car forward/reverse are always "disabled" on the app and I can't use them:

View attachment 802671

The disabled Smart Summon button ("Cannot use in current location") is expected to be like that, but I've never seen anyone with an issue with the arrows being like that.

If I use the key fob, the car will go forward/reverse as expected, but I can never use the app for that.

Has anyone here ever seen something similar? I have tried everything I could think of.

More info:
- 2022 Model Y Performance
- Premium connectivity package
- Subscribed to Full Self Driving
- Car LTE connection has full bars and working
- Phone is synced as key to the car and work for everything else (sometimes I have issues watching the cameras on Sentry mode, but that might be expected on areas with poor network connection)
- I have tried reseting the car on the steering wheel
- I have tried logging out of the app and logging in again
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Tesla App
I’ve had the same issue, and unable to find a fix with Tesla support.
My iPhone shows the forward/reverse buttons greyed out - unless I am at home and connected to WiFi! If I switch off WiFi I cannot connect.
I have paired an android, using the same account details as on iOS and this works fine.
No idea what is going on, all worked fine on iOS previously