Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon issue since latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone else has had any issues with summon since the most recent update?

My summon was completely dialed, pulling itself straight back out of my fairly tight garage and stopping exactly where I needed. It's worked perfectly for the last 7 months that I've owned this house. Now, since the update, it backs up a bit out of my garage and then takes a turn directly toward the wall in my driveway and I have no clue why. I haven't made any changes to the settings. Totally confused.

This is driving me absolutely nuts. Worked for months flawlessly. I'm running version: 2017.50.2

Attaching a video of the behavior in the link below. You'll see it pulls my car directly toward my wall and I actually stopped it with the fob. I had it in service last week and they found nothing wrong with it. Baffled.

vimeo.com/249411331

I don't think I would stand in front of a Tesla in that mode. Buried deep in the firmware there is probably not much separating "slow reverse crawl" from "floor it forward". The same bugs that cause it to want to knock down your wall could cause it to launch. Remember you are essentially a beta tester.

My Model X 90D is doing the exact same thing. Summon was flawless all year and then with 50.1 it started turning the tail left after it cleared the garage. Very weird! I'm just hoping a new software update comes down fixing it.

+1 here. Since 50.2 my summon does not work. Worked flawlessly with .48 and prior. Starts going backward and stops in about 1 ft. Auto homelink also does not work when summoning.... would have skipped 50.2 if I had known this, I have AP1 and auto wipers worked awesome already...is this how Tesla brings ap2 to ap1 parity, by making ap1 WORSE! ;)

Ironically this was how summon was earlier (it nearly turned into my brick garage column separating the two garage doors). It then got great and now probably is back to garbage. That's how Tesla does things. They will fix it again and eventually we'll get smart summon and a whole new can of worms!

What did tesla say when you filed a note with the engineering team?

Feedback to the developer is one of the key elements of being a beta tester.

They told me the engineering team is only concentrating on Model 3 right now, so everything is being handled by service. I took it into service and they're finding nothing wrong with it. Which is incorrect. They gave me a loaner which worked perfectly in my garage. So there is absolutely something wrong with my car which no one can figure out apparently. I'm very frustrated right now.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Same here, i'm on 2017.50.3 and my car does the exact same thing.

If it wasn't for a friend of mine my car would have hit the wall because all of a sudden he pulled to the right where he normally just would go straight. Now i summon into the garage with me standing in front of my car so i can see the front wheels moving and stop the summon.

So my 2 cents are summon while walking backwards so you can see the tires moving and when they move release the button.