Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried to use summon several times but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The problem occurs on my phone. When I open the Tesla app as often as not I get a message about updating, yesterday, an hour ago or some other time in a banner at the screen's bottom. At this point I cannot connect to the car but when I get into it and drive sometime later I can connect to the car and summon works. So, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I am generally standing in sight of the car and it is no more that a hundred feet or so away with a clear shot to me.
I'm stumped.

...updating...

When your car is updating, most of the functions that you want should not work: drive, charge, summon...

...banner at the screen's bottom...

Please post a screenshot of the banner.

...I cannot connect to the car...

What does that mean? When you open your app, it has a rotating circle trying to connect to your account?

...a hundred feet...

If you already know that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I wouldn't want to move that far from your car until I know that it works.

...sometimes it works and sometimes it does not...

You'll need to do trials and errors and see if the problem is replicated in different locations and what are the factors such as Home wi-fi vs. far from home and using LTE...