Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon mode experience, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize this was in a Hong Kong thread. My experience was in the US. Maybe you'll find it useful, maybe not. I'd delete it but I can't :wink:

I tried it this morning for the first time.

I put my car in front of a parking space in my parking garage. I got out, and followed the instructions (press and hold middle key fob until hazards blink, then press frunk button to tell it to go forward).

It worked. Sort-of. The car started driving into the spot and then inexplicably turned left, leaving it parked diagonally in two spots, like one of those jackasses who just got a new car and doesn't want anyone to ding it.

I backed out, straightened the car out, and tried it again. same result. I ended up parking it manually the way I have every other day.

The most interesting aspect of the experience is this: it's other-worldly to watch your car drive itself with you on the outside. They've still got a ways to go on the self-parking thing though.

Last edited:
unfortunately the majority of us in Hong Kong are stuck on the 6.2 software. autopilot was ninja retracked when the HK trasnportation department are too slow with their due diligence and decided the best way for them to not get into trouble is to ban everything new. ( a very lucky few managed to stay on the 7.0 update, last i heard)

as for teh summon feature, it's such a cool feature to have, as far as non-essential features go. I'd LOVE to have that in my car. Just the idea that maybe one day this update will come to HK and my car'll get it already makes me fuzzy and warm.

i got a question tho, is there a command that goes "no wait stop Stop STOP!"?? like if i see my summoned car slowly turning itself towards a ditch...

unfortunately the majority of us in Hong Kong are stuck on the 6.2 software. autopilot was ninja retracked when the HK trasnportation department are too slow with their due diligence and decided the best way for them to not get into trouble is to ban everything new. ( a very lucky few managed to stay on the 7.0 update, last i heard)

as for teh summon feature, it's such a cool feature to have, as far as non-essential features go. I'd LOVE to have that in my car. Just the idea that maybe one day this update will come to HK and my car'll get it already makes me fuzzy and warm.

i got a question tho, is there a command that goes "no wait stop Stop STOP!"?? like if i see my summoned car slowly turning itself towards a ditch...

Yes, if you're using the keyfob, you do this:
Press and hold the middle keyfob button until the lights flash.
To tell the car to move forward, press the frunk button. To move it backward, press the trunk button.
Once it's moving, to stop it immediately, you press the middle button again.