Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon mode not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I have no summon button, and no way to turn it on in the car display. I have a model 3 rwd. refresh. Dec 21, 2020. I have auto pilot, not enhanced or FSD. Do i need FSD for summon? I cant figure it out. The owners manual just states how to enable and use it, nothing else.
Thank you.
Stampee

Hi all. I have no summon button, and no way to turn it on in the car display. I have a model 3 rwd. refresh. Dec 21, 2020. I have auto pilot, not enhanced or FSD. Do i need FSD for summon? I cant figure it out. The owners manual just states how to enable and use it, nothing else.
Thank you.
Stampee

Feature set for these two features, directly from tesla. You can clearly see that any form of summon is in the "full self driving" category. Note that if you could get enhanced autopilot its also included in that, but thats not currently sold.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 6.14.41 PM.png

Tesla hasn't always been consistent with these options. At least three of them (Auto Park, Auto* Lane Change and Summon) were included with standard Autopilot (AP1) in 2014-2016. Prior to Model 3 release of course.

The only thing I would miss from my AP1 Model S P85D to now is the original Summon (sometimes referred to as "Dumb Summon".) It was useful for rolling the car enough to get valve stems at the top when adding air to the tires or checking tire pressure, so I wouldn't have to bend over so far.

Obviously it sure as hell was not clear the 3 times i read the manuals, or i would not have asked in the first place! I am sorry i am not as perfect as the moderator jjrandorin! Thank you to RonB and raw56 for their replys

Stampee

I dont quite understand this reply, actually. All I did was google "Tesla Autopilot vs FSD" and its the first hit. I then copied the relevant part so you could see exactly what features were included and which ones were not, and provided a link as well as a screenshot so you could see where I got the data.

What, exactly are you complaining about that I did? Find the information on Tesla.com?

Reactions: ODWms and bedoig
I just got my 2021 M3 FSD and there are no places to turn on Summon on the Autopilot screen, mobile app or any other places. HELP!!!

I have no idea what features are locked behind needing to get updated from a factory firmware to one of the current branches, but you may need to wait until you receive a software update to use the feature.