TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Summon not completing

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by RedSoxFan18, Mar 15, 2016.

1. RedSoxFan18

RedSoxFan18 Member

Firmware 2.12.126 seems to have introduced a new summon defect. I use summon daily to park in my garage as it a bit narrow and using summon helps prevent me from dining m doors. Since loading 2.12.126 the car pulls into the garage just as it has before even stopping in the same place. The difference is that summon stays active, like it is trying to figure out if it should pull further forward. You can see the steering wheel rotating back and forth, and the display shows the car and the distance from the wall in front of the car. I have to abort summon with the FOB. Oddly enough the car does close the garage door via homelink, something it normally only does once summon is complete. On the way out everything works as it used to, the car backs up, opens the garage door, pulls out of the garage, summon completes, and the closes the garage door via homelink. I received the 2.13.103 update a few days ago and the behavior is the same.

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

go into the controls on your screen and reset the distance that you want to car to stop at

3. RedSoxFan18

RedSoxFan18 Member

Tried it and didn't notice a difference. I did wait for longer today and after sitting there for 30-60 seconds the summon did complete. There was not such a long delay prior to loading 2.12.126. I pay close attention to summon, particular the stop / complete transition, as it once restarted and bumped into a large tool chest in my garage.