Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon not completing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware 2.12.126 seems to have introduced a new summon defect. I use summon daily to park in my garage as it a bit narrow and using summon helps prevent me from dining m doors. Since loading 2.12.126 the car pulls into the garage just as it has before even stopping in the same place. The difference is that summon stays active, like it is trying to figure out if it should pull further forward. You can see the steering wheel rotating back and forth, and the display shows the car and the distance from the wall in front of the car. I have to abort summon with the FOB. Oddly enough the car does close the garage door via homelink, something it normally only does once summon is complete. On the way out everything works as it used to, the car backs up, opens the garage door, pulls out of the garage, summon completes, and the closes the garage door via homelink. I received the 2.13.103 update a few days ago and the behavior is the same.

Tried it and didn't notice a difference. I did wait for longer today and after sitting there for 30-60 seconds the summon did complete. There was not such a long delay prior to loading 2.12.126. I pay close attention to summon, particular the stop / complete transition, as it once restarted and bumped into a large tool chest in my garage.