Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon not present? UK Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fenton

Sep 25, 2022
uk
Hi there

New Model Y LR just delivered - 2022.28.2

My wife was hoping to use the Summon feature (dumb not smart) to help her through our narrow drive.

I'm not seeing the Customise Summon option the Controls / Autopilot menu.

Is this available in the UK? Do I need to upgrade something?

Many thanks

I have EAP on mine and can confirm Summon is a sham. Almost never works, when pressing the button on the phone, the cars starts hasards lights, makes all sorts of noises, shifts to drive, moves literally half an inch, and within a few seconds, applies brakes and re shifts into Park. (and yes I am continuously pressing the phone button).

And I'm not even talking about 'smart'-summon that... well this one never works, period.

I saw a video (but that's most likely US only) where you double press the Park button on the stalk, and instruct the car to move backwards/forwards on the screen, and it will complete this once you have exited the vehicle. I assume it is not available in the UK due to some UNECE reg that requires constant input from the user...

I've only messed with summon in our drive (quite long) and it's not great disappointing really because that's the main reason I bought EAP for the wife to use getting in and out the garage. Now the garage is huge however she has a massive fear of taking cars in and out 🤷‍♂️ anyway summon is next to useless in the UK for that unless I'm doing something wrong.
I will say it's much better if you use the Tessie app to control it rather than the tesla app 🤷‍♂️ I don't know why but it works much more as expected then still no use in and out of the garage really.

I rarely use summon (never smart summon) but have used it after parking in a car park and then thinking the car sticks out too much at the front. I walk round the back use summon to move it back a few inches. Hardly amazing stuff, but useful when on your own 'to see you back' without hitting a column. 😳. It is slow to get going though.

Reactions: guru1
Thank you - seems a questionable £3,400 purchase then. Unless you're going to say Autopark is amazing? ;)

I don't have any upgrade options through the app - car is leased though so I'm guessing I'm locked out somehow.

Reactions: Adopado
It’s not. I used it the other day mid park - for some reason as I was reversing into a space and it said something on the screen about not pressing the accelerator, so I let it do it - and it took ages trying to adjust itself, while someone was waiting to drive past me. Ended up giving up and doing it myself.

You can’t buy updates for the car unless the lease company allows it.

Hi there

New Model Y LR just delivered - 2022.28.2

My wife was hoping to use the Summon feature (dumb not smart) to help her through our narrow drive.

Many thanks
Hi, I have the same problem. Seems summon (beta) has been removed from UK model Y, unless upgrading to EAP or FSD. Emailed Tesla for clarification for getting standard summon for just parking in and out of tight UK garages.
Hi there

New Model Y LR just delivered - 2022.28.2wife was hoping to use the Summon feature (dumb not smart) to help her through our narrow drive.

Many thanks

Thank you - seems a questionable £3,400 purchase then. Unless you're going to say Autopark is amazing? ;)

I don't have any upgrade options through the app - car is leased though so I'm guessing I'm locked out somehow.
If you end up driving a lot on auto pilot (seems different people have different experiences) then EAP will auto change lanes when you indicate. FSD is a joke atm in the UK.

There was a later utube video where the tesla did a little better ;-)
I think you mean "there is now a later video" it did not exist when I posted. My wife is the only one allowed to expect me to be psychic.

I still would not call it a massive triumph even without the fact that it won't work if there is a pedestrian within 50 feet which makes it essentially useless in most major cities even if it technically worked perfectly.
I am also not convinced parking against a hedge rather than just a curb did not affect the results. much easier to see a hedge than a curb but this is not the most common scenario in reality