Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon openng wrong door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a gate some 50 ft from the garage door, I touch open the gate and stop in front of the garage, the gate is set to auto close in 60 sec.
i get out of the car and start the summon process but instead of opening the garage door the gate starts to close.
if a quick open the the garage door manually the car proceeds and enters without any problems and stop where it is supposed to stop, then the gate opens and not the garage door closes.
Is there any way i can tell it it is sending the wrong door signal?
The same happens when getting out. it opens the gate not the garage door.

Also is there a way to tell it to stop closer to the door and not so far down passed the driveway end into the grass without pressing the stop button?

I had the problem of summon opening the wrong door. For the moment I've fixed it by deleting the second door. From my limited testing, it seems to prefer the door that is the oldest, by which I mean programmed first.

The problem I had today is when I summoned the car, it moved towards the closed door and parked (parked, not stopped). It then opened the garage door and didn't do anything else. I realized later the car thought it was parking, or unsommoning. My guess is it lost the state of the door because I closed it using the normal button inside the garage. I need to experiment more. The clue is that it put the parking brake on before the garage door opened.

I had the problem of summon opening the wrong door. For the moment I've fixed it by deleting the second door. From my limited testing, it seems to prefer the door that is the oldest, by which I mean programmed first.

I had the same experience = wrong door. I also deleted the other door and it worked perfectly. Now I guess I will have to add back the other door. I guess the BMW X5 was jealous.:wink:

Yup I'm having the same problem. I had to reprogram my main door since over time it's gotten glitchy and wouldn't work. I've been dealing with it for months by just pressing it an extra time when it wouldn't work. But not auto homelink for summon is trying to open the wrong door. Reprogramming the other door is a hassle but I guess I'll give that a try.

Greetings from a fellow Texan (Austin)
I have Summon problems too (or two) .. It opens the wrong garage door and it will not cross the bump at the threshold of the garage. It goes out but not in?? I tried to "teach" it to cross the bump but it earned an F grade in bump crossing even after tutoring and cajoling. The garage door thing can be fixed by removing the code for my wife's side of the garage, but that is a painful solution. I could build a ramp for the poor thing so that it could cross the small bump, but that is also a painful and inelegant solution.

2015 85D June Delivery | blue
| interior option | carbon trim| tan seats| Autopilot | Smart Air | 19" | beautiful and wonderful machine!

Sorry folks are having problems with this. Not to rub it in, simply to provide contrast of experience for others that may be reading this thread:
I have two (old) LiftMaster garage door openers side-by-side, both previously programmed into my MS. Unlike some here, I have had no problems with the new 7.1 Homelink extension. I installed the 7.1 update earlier this morning, and checked both the open and close buttons for the right door only where my MS parks. When I pulled out of the garage the first time, the door closed before I got the the end of my driveway, and the correct door opened as I approached upon return. Couldn't be happier.

I'm having the exact same two problems. 1) won't go over the very low lip/threshold into the garage, and 2) summon opens the wrong garage door. I'll have to try removing the other garage doors.

I have Summon problems too (or two) .. It opens the wrong garage door and it will not cross the bump at the threshold of the garage. It goes out but not in?? I tried to "teach" it to cross the bump but it earned an F grade in bump crossing even after tutoring and cajoling. The garage door thing can be fixed by removing the code for my wife's side of the garage, but that is a painful solution. I could build a ramp for the poor thing so that it could cross the small bump, but that is also a painful and inelegant solution.

2015 85D June Delivery | blue
| interior option | carbon trim| tan seats| Autopilot | Smart Air | 19" | beautiful and wonderful machine!
[/QUOTE]