Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This doesn't happen every time, but sometimes when I try to Summon, the app shows "Cannot connect to vehicle." This happens when I'm standing next to the car. Plus I can use the other controls, such as Climate and locking and unlocking in the app. It just won't connect to Summon. Any ideas?

Reactions: Ramphex
I have had that problem. Quit the Tesla app (i.e., do not just put it in the background, quit the application) and restart. It works for me after doing that. By the way, the accuracy problem that I have seen on occasion is the app's map shows my last and not my current location.

Reactions: Pasralph1
I've only had this happen twice but both times it was because i needed to update the app from the app store (auto update hadn't triggered yet).

Not impossible killing and restarting the app is what actually fixed it and there just happend to be an update each time as well.

I encountered this a lot on my 2017 S. Got a LOT better when I went to MCU2. Also was very dependent on how strong the cell signal was in whatever area I was in. Meaning, cell signal for my phone and the car itself.

Dont have FSD in my 2022 but since FSD still runs up onto curbs and into parked airplanes, not spending $12k for it

I encountered this a lot on my 2017 S. Got a LOT better when I went to MCU2. Also was very dependent on how strong the cell signal was in whatever area I was in. Meaning, cell signal for my phone and the car itself.

Dont have FSD in my 2022 but since FSD still runs up onto curbs and into parked airplanes, not spending $12k for it
You certainly have a lot of input and opinion on FSD for someone that doesn’t own or use it.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex