Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon starts windshield wiper?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I own a Model S 70 with summon and autopilot (hardware version 1), and something changed in one of the last 2-3 updates which makes start the windshield wiper,so almost every time I summon my Tesla to get out of the garage. I summon the car, then the wipers start, make a full run, and then stop. No idea why is doing that. It is not needed and it is very annoying because I have to manually clean the windshield every time I summon the car, just because the wipers start and move some dust over the windshield, leaving bad strikes all over.

Anyone having the same issue?

Hello everyone.

I own a Model S 70 with summon and autopilot (hardware version 1), and something changed in one of the last 2-3 updates which makes start the windshield wiper,so almost every time I summon my Tesla to get out of the garage. I summon the car, then the wipers start, make a full run, and then stop. No idea why is doing that. It is not needed and it is very annoying because I have to manually clean the windshield every time I summon the car, just because the wipers start and move some dust over the windshield, leaving bad strikes all over.

Anyone having the same issue?
It is something in the visual field of your garage that makes the car think it is raining.

I believe it is similar to the early reports of auto wipers starting in tunnels.

You might hit the voice prompt button and say “report wipers starting with summon”. When the car is parked where you see it do this.

And send a polite email to service email address telling them the date/time and the concern.