Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon stopped RIGHT before crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that a lot of parking lots aren't so busy I've been getting experience with the Summon feature. There was only 1 car between me and my Model 3. Good thing I was watching closely because my car, clearly from the attached photo, had no intentions of stopping before impact (hmmm...would it know to stop then?). Unbeknownst to me at the time, but there was a driver and a passenger having lunch in the front seat of the vehicle I almost hit. Surprisingly, they didn't even seem to notice.
Tesla.jpg

Unfortunately, when I went to look I found that my data drive was unplugged because COSTCO unplugged it when I had the tires rotated. Much unhappy about that. The last video I had was from the side camera - the tech opened the door, leaned in, grabbed the data fob and.....
A service tech opened your console and "rummaged" around through your personal items? I would report that and the tech so they can be fired. Going through consoles and the glovebox is STICLY forbidden by ALL service departments. Also why would the tech randomly pull out a USB drive? When plundering it seems you would not want to leave any evidence.

Last edited:
Now that a lot of parking lots aren't so busy I've been getting experience with the Summon feature. There was only 1 car between me and my Model 3. Good thing I was watching closely because my car, clearly from the attached photo, had no intentions of stopping before impact (hmmm...would it know to stop then?). Unbeknownst to me at the time, but there was a driver and a passenger having lunch in the front seat of the vehicle I almost hit. Surprisingly, they didn't even seem to notice.View attachment 531219
I'd check out that location on openstreetmap.org You can edit your parking lots, that you use, to make it less random, by providing lanes, one-ways, etc. Helps.