Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Tesla hits park 3 Million Jet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of these threads do we need posted????

There are people that both enjoy trying to be "FIRST" to share some information, as well as really enjoy sharing negative tesla stories, so this is always going to happen here with any story that shows any tesla vehicle (or person) performing poorly. It just "is what it is", since some people enjoy pointing this stuff out over and over.

Caution summons.jpeg

well this is completely untrue… how does the car know to reverse or pull forward out if a spot without using any camera data? How does it know about other vehicles and pedestrians it needs to wait for? (It does do all these things)
Ultrasonic sensors along with the Navigation Database (supplied from Open Street Maps for parking lots). It may use the cameras but from a limited data set. Until we have a "single Stack" (Vision based) most if not all data comes from the Ultrasonics and the Navigation Database. So Summon is mostly a "fun trick" for now.

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 4.43.35 PM.png

My experience supports that Smart summon uses cameras. I had an instance where I was trying to use it and another car decided to go full salmon on me, driving the wrong way up the isle. The Tesla stopped and the two were at a stalemate. Moron human and moron computer sitting there, staring at each other. So I walked into the rain and took over.